Spooling with nitrous

wfodiesel

How do y'all like to get the big charger going? Controller or momentary? What rpm u like to get to before hit it.

I brake boost until around 5-10 psi of boost then use a momentary switch to spray a .032"-.046" jet until I am on top of the turbo.

.032 jet here....I run really big injectors which helps it not put the fire out, what I do is leave the truck running at a fast idle and then up the jet size until it starts to stumble at idle when triggered, then back down a size. That way I know I'll never backfire or hurt anything at the line when I'm on or off the throttle.

I've probably seen a half dozen people try to spool using controllers, and I've never seen it work right.

No, I just give it a little fuel until it smokes a bit, then use the nitrous to build boost. I can only make like 2psi at the line without the spray, so it's not really worth it.

Spooling with a controller never seems to work. In my 97 dodge I spooled a 75mm single with a .46 jet using the horn button to bump it up.

So are you guys just holding the no2 while you're at the line, then release after you launch?
Depends on your fueling and jet size. Mine I just tapped the nitrous till I was up to 12 psi. Then just give it enough to hold 12 psi. As soon as I launched I held the horn and hit the rest of the stages.

You could always run a small stage like JQmile said, wired through a hobbs switch to turn it off once boost comes up

Well my new injectors are a little more than 200 percent over so i think im going to venture this route.
I like the idea of a progressive controller for consistency, is there any one particular controller that is easier to set up for a no2 newbie?

If you guys can't make any boost at the line sounds like you need a looser converter, alot of the pro street guys don't even run nitrous, my friend has a 2000 stahl converter and he can get 40psi at the line if he wanted, I don't think any one should need to spray to spool, just my thoughts though

I ran the purge on old truck with a .32 jet bump the purge momentary switch a few times and she's up..

Back