Ram50

I'll probably stay with a ram 50 body. We have another complete truck. As it stands, it's looking like I'll be sucking hind tit for the rest of my racing career. lol

We will continue to progress with the BMW program. I'm getting help from folks that matter which I had really not expected.

I need one of you genius's to tell me how to hook the dang dry sump to the engine. The original BMW oil pump had and outlet for both sides of the block. So far, my best guess is to make sure both sides get a supply hose?????

With Craig's power potential, I'm not sure I'll ever make the kind of power needed to run with the 'ol Bodacious.

One thing for sure, if I can get Bodacious Too to a race weight of just under 2000lbs with me in it, the power to weight ratios are very close to the old truck.

As some of you may have noticed, my daughter joined compd under the forum name 'sis'.

My son and my daughter both came back to work for me. This has been the greatest Christmas/New Years present I could have ever received.

We bought a tubes & hoses business for sis, Craig (Cstalnaker) is going to be fab'n some really cool and hopefully affordable tubular intakes and headers. We are currently cleaning out the shop in prep for completion. Plans are to be moved in and making money by the end of April.

Then, after I get my little minions making good money, me & momma gonna go full time racing. lol (That's a hell of a dream, ain't it?)

I want to go ahead and give another huge thanks to compd. Without this family, we wouldn't be here!!!!!! I want all you folks to give yourself a big pat on the back.

We have huge challenges facing us from a business standpoint and a racing standpoint. Craig has chosen to run with the big boys in mud racing. Craig is gonna have to beat these guys & gals:

MUD RACING INSANITY!!! - YouTube

Sis's Truck will get an older cab and the power plant and trans from bodacious. Our goal is to eventually get her in the top five in MRA super-stock.

Depending on how busy we are, we would like to have both trucks at every race. Those trucks combined will put on one heck of a show by themselves.

I'm smart enough to know the cummins engine will make enough torque to get the job done even against the 900+ cu in, nitrous fed, gassers we will have to run. I didn't mis-type. Some fellas in this game know Sonny Leonard Very well.

The biggest problem is getting the power to the ground. Our dual 10" would slip from time to time. I hate to add the weight, but, I think we are going to have to go to a triple 10".

I'm not so much worried about the slippage as much as I am the heat that will be generated taking off with my home built cannon.

Physics says it can be done. We'll see.

Just to let everyone in on the at-a-boy stuff, one of my old bosses asked me once if I "knew how many at-a-boys it took to make up for one Oh $hit."?

I guess the standard number has always been twenty as this is the number I was given.

Let's just say, hypothetically, her future husband collected 1.5 Oh $hits. That means he would owe me thirty at-a-boys before he could marry my daughter.

Again hypothetically, suppose this young man had worked his way down to 15.375 at-a-boys and pretty much figured the light at the end was quickly closing.

Pulling out the big guns with quite possibly the best early Birthday gift a man could ask for, I immediately gave him the go ahead to marry my daughter.

We have to see how this #$%&#$%@ @@#$ insurance is going to work out before they announce.

It will be nice to see how the she runs without a boost leak.If you can keep the torque down and horsepower up that would be a bouns for traction.

What about running compounds and using a wastegate between stages on the compressor side like scheids does with drag racing to act as traction control ? Any rules regarding number of turbo(s) or size in your class ?

I would'nt try a wastegate on the compressor side as a single.

You could spool up a smaller secondary turbo (s475) and then add a tight spooling primary with a wastegate between stages on the compressor side.

Torque control could be the hot ticket if 2 turbo's were permitted.

One factory type turbo, unfortunately. But, I like the way you are thinking. Hey, I'm wanting to A-pump a 1.9. Could you send me those pics again. Stupid 'ol laptop went down!!!!!

I'll see what I can do tomarrow.

Is that single turbo rule regarding number of stages or just turbo's in general ?

Just turbo's in general. Until dodge offers more than one turbo, we'll have to stick to one. Plus, as long as we can get one big single lit and keep it lit, it will make the same power and be 100 or so pounds lighter.

Thanks for the pictures. We are not having any luck with our A-pump. Not giving up just yet.

Just wanted to give an update. It looks like we'll be sleeving down a 6.7 to make a 6.4L. We will be running a billet aluminum head from Indy. All in All with the new turbo from Power Driven Diesel, she should come in just over 1500HP.

You only live once so you best make it count the first time.

With this in mind, we pulled the trigger on this:

1991 W250 3.0 pulling truck - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Plans are underway to enter the world of truck pulling in a big way with my boys new birthday present.

Some of you may be wondering where some of our money is coming from. We are not rich people when it comes to money. The first year my wife and I were married, we filed jointly and we made just over $5,000 between us. This was in 1993. Nov 13th to be exact 'cause our reception was spent at the folks house watching WVU get stomped by the Florida Gators.

My dad was able to show me that even though society as a whole wants you to believe it is OK to buy money, it isn't. Sometimes buying money is the only way and as long as a good plan exist to get that money back plus some. So, we have basically lived on as close to $5,000/year as we can since then.

On top of this, I had to place a lien against some property in 2011. I received my check from the properties estate and I plan on enjoying it. We have basically lived without that money since then so it is not like we are going to miss it.

Stalnaker Racing Stables is on the verge of being reality. I will finally get to race/pull in whatever motorsport I choose and be able to legally write most of the purchases off. Stalnaker Racing Stables will be our marketing company. If you have anything you want pushed and I think it is a good product, we'll push it.

I bought my wife a press and embroidery machine. We will have T-shirts, hats, and hoodies available soon. We have to sell this type of stuff at the events to be legal among the other products my son and I will create for the motorsports world.

My daughter has chosen to go her own way and will not be making tubes and hoses for us. I am very proud of her and have no doubt she will be very successful in whatever endeavor she chooses to tackle.

So, it will be my wife, son, and myself running Stalnaker Racing Stables. We will do our best to make sure fans are entertained, customers are happy, and we live the rest of our lives like we want to.

Some of you may be thinking this is a dream come true. For me it is. However, I have been around the racing business most of my life and I can tell you first hand, it is one of the hardest jobs on this planet. I am proud to say that hard work has never been a deterrent to my family and I.

After a very painful Saturday that ended in an ER visit to Morgantown, I found out I have a huge hernia just above my right nut. I have been having pain in my right side for a couple of years. I had a vasectomy and this side sorta hurt every since then so I didn't give it much thought. I'm 45 years old and found out I've been living with an inguinal Hernia for two years!!! I guess the stuff down there became 'incarcerated' which was causing the 'hit the nut off the bicycle frame' pain!!

So, they say I'll be down 3 months after surgery. Wish me and my family luck and keep us in your prayers.

Thanks,

Arch Stalnaker (Earth Artist)
Stalnaker Racing Stables
Bodacious Mud Racing
Bodacious Too Mud Racing (in the design stage)
Smokin' Addiction Truck pulling
Stalnaker & Son, L.L.C. "We move Dirt"

Back