Ram50

Zach has some bmw stuff up his sleeve on that cam...

We are a few months from releasing cams (reground) for testing.

Really!!!!!!???????. Zach, would it do any good if I just shipped the parts to you? Are your cams hollow??

100_7462.jpg

I should send a set of cams to you anyway if you haven't seen these. I really would like to keep the tubular cams as they are crazy light. Hopefully, the tubing is super strong and will be able to resist the added torsional force.

Also, while it's on my mind, does anyone have or know where to get the valve spring compressor to remove these valve springs?? Those little fellers don't have much clearance in there.

Tubular is incredibly strong in a torsional direction. Think driveshaft.
It hates being pushed sideways.

Last edited:
Also, with head down flat (padded to,keep valves from,impacting bench.) use a deep socket larger than keepers but smaller than retainer. Like a 14mm, on an extension. Now smack the retainer a couple times. The keepers will pop right out. Getting em back on is the tough part.

Thanks crackerman. I'd rather either build or buy the correct tool.

More than likely, I'll find someone competent enough to install the bigger valves and the springs.

Regardless, I need one of the tools.

i,used a large,c,clamp type valve spring compressor, and built an attachment out of a deep socket with sides cut out to bolt to top of compressor. Its simple, but works well. Ill look for pictures

Cool!! I'd say a small magnet or a very small set of needle nosed will also be in order???

Yeah, magnet, and a pocket screw driver with grease to hold the keeper to install em.

I like it crackerman. I couldn't see the third leg in the pic but I bet it has one. lol

Small world, your truck got brought up tonight in a conversation with a friend of mine. It stemmed from talking about dale at mountaineer and how he had mentioned this build to my friend

It was good. Neither of us really knew you, but I knew of this thread and he knew of what dale had said of your project. My buddy was asking dale if it was a merc 606, but I told him I thought it was a BMW.

The few pages I have read are great, i need take time to read it all!

Better to have too much than not enough. It's aggravating when people answer technical questions vaguely.

Big Changes

Stay tuned folks. Some things are happening right now that could throw this project in a whole other direction.

Would anyone be in objection to the original Bodacious staying cummins powered??

I'm working a deal right now with my son Craig. More to come soon.

I would have loved to seen how it would have run without that huge boost leak, that was big.

As of this day 1/1/2017, my son Craig has full ownership of Bodacious.

Goals:
- Go ahead and back that cummins up just a tad more to see the magic 50/50
-1500HP single turbo fuel only
-run with the NMRO Class 3 and MRA Pro Stock/Outlaw Pro Stock
- Give his sister a hard time (Racing that is)
-Make sure Dad never beats Bodacious with a BMW powered anything!!!!
- Get it out by this race season!!

Forgot to mention the very first thing that going to happen.

Chassis gets squared and a full funny car cage added to the drivers side!!!

Hey moderators, my daughter has been trying to join since Christmas.
compD site won't respond??????

Back