Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Just looked the weight on one of the few trucks that I have come across with aluminum rails, it's a single bunk K100 with a V8 cat in it and a 9 speed, shows being under 17K with either 1/2" or 5/8" rails.

My K100 weighs more with a big cam, but it is also a double bunk and a 13spd.

It seems like a good Idea for an OTR truck, but , I can see why it would be a real problem as well, maybe better for like a Port to destination truck, or short run ?

I certainly wouldnt wanna use an Aluminum fram on a Dump truck chassis .

3a2yde6e.jpg

9ysa7yry.jpg

It had a dump box on it
y7yrumeq.jpg

The aluminum frames used to be used back in the day alot more for liquid transport for the reasons stated above. They just didn't have the life span of steel. Once they cracked they could be repaired, but would frequently crack again soon after.

Got my new decals on
ybazyby2.jpg

And started another project
etesemyt.jpg

Putting this in it with what I have left over from doing my office
5eqe2ypy.jpg

Thanks fellas, me and a buddy are going to rewire the headlights to pull power through a relay instead of pulling power through the switch like it does now, I'm working on sealing the floor and I'll be adding 4 layers of sound deadener plus the laminate so it should be almost as quiet as a new truck inside, the roof, walls, and doors each have 4 layers now and will have foam in behind the factory trim panels, before I put the walls and headliner back in we're putting the stereo system in with all new wiring, Speakers, and a new head unit, if I'm gonna own it, by god I'm gonna enjoy driving it haha

NICE , Sounds like one heck of a kewl project and the pay off should be real nice too, Might actuallly be able to take a call & drive @ the same time ...

On our way to the pull this morning on the highway, and I was lolly gaging waiting for my dad to catch up and I go by a NY State Trooper. I'm watching in my mirror and he pulls out. Comes right up next to me and I think he's going by me. Nope, slows down behind me and throws his lights on. I'm thinking oh great just what I need. I have don't have a CDL (driving a historical tractor), hasn't been inspected this year and I have tires that are barley legal.

He jumps up on the step and says, "Not gonna lie driver, I just pulled you over to check your truck out, your not in trouble."

He was all jacked up about mine and then when my dad rolled up behind us he was even more excited. He was all jacked up about pulling them, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to dodge the bullet on that one, lol. How old does it have to be in NY for historical stuff? We did that with a Pete here, but I'm not sure what our cutoff was.

Last edited:
Yeah, I really dodged a bullet there. It's coming down the line sooner or later but our law says that the operator does not need a special license to operate a historical vehicle. So I think it will be the discretion of the cop and how much of a dick he wants to be.

Here in NY our trucks have to be older than 25 years to register them as a historical vehicle. It's nice that insurance and registration cost me $250 for the year!

Yeah, I really dodged a bullet there. It's coming down the line sooner or later but our law says that the operator does not need a special license to operate a historical vehicle. So I think it will be the discretion of the cop and how much of a dick he wants to be.

Here in NY our trucks have to be older than 25 years to register them as a historical vehicle. It's nice that insurance and registration cost me $250 for the year!

I wish that's all it was for mine! I'm almost 2000 dollars into registration and permits.

25 years is about the norm, sucks you have to renew every year, my plate is good for 50 years.

Back