Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Please tell me im not the only one that thinks mr. Eric is FOS
mydusypu.jpg

He isn't wrong, the truck he drives everyday started as a mbn, last time it was dynoed it put 836 to the tires.

I guess I really don't see the point in just throwing a flash in when there's still so many other things that need changed in order to really benefit from it

I guess I really don't see the point in just throwing a flash in when there's still so many other things that need changed in order to really benefit from it
Only major differences between a 6NZ and MBN is flash file, turbo and cam. You can change the flash without doing the others and gain a ton of power and fuel mileage but the turbo won't survive long but that goes for all stock cat chargers.

I don't care how much power a Volvo has, if I have to put a paper bag on my head to drive it, its not worth it.

One thing I have notice in looking at engine ratings is that a euro spec C18 rated at 700hp makes just 50ft-lbs more torque than a 550hp C15, they are obviously tuned for upper end power and not low end grunt. I also find it interesting that they use a marine cam and injectors that are two steps above the largest used in any US truck engine by cats specs.

Did not realize that....I believed it to be a bigger block. That makes it very nice.

Chris
3456. The block structures are different depending on application. Same internal structure.

I got a 6nz at work running PDI goodies with an engine miss we can't duplicate, but the cam and rollers are in bad shape already. Is that common for PDI?
I almost think the truck is sticking valves under a load.

Only major differences between a 6NZ and MBN is flash file, turbo and cam. You can change the flash without doing the others and gain a ton of power and fuel mileage but the turbo won't survive long but that goes for all stock cat chargers.
What gets the turbo? Is a waste gate port being added to the cover? I have a potential customer.

16 litre Volvos and Scanias eat them alive, and last longer than 400 k unlike C18s. POS.

Lol, yep those are so bad ass they're taking the US market by storm. Haha. We already have one of your DAF boat anchors known as the Paccar MX. You can keep your European equipment.

3456. The block structures are different depending on application. Same internal structure.

I got a 6nz at work running PDI goodies with an engine miss we can't duplicate, but the cam and rollers are in bad shape already. Is that common for PDI?
I almost think the truck is sticking valves under a load.

What cam? The stage 1 cam is just the 800hp marine Cat cam part #10r7155.

What gets the turbo? Is a waste gate port being added to the cover? I have a potential customer.

You can't fix it. The factory wastegate plunger opens at a really low pressure since its controlled by the ECM, adding a port won't fix it. Also I bet the exhaust housing is cracked, almost all MBN chargers are because of the high exhaust temps caused by the EPA r-e-tarded timing. Not to mention like all factory turbos the shaft is too small. I have a pile of cat turbos with 2pc shafts. Put a good BW turbo on it and it will run good.

What can be done to turn up a 350hp 3406E? How much power can they be expected to make reliably? I was told they have several different parts vs the higher horse 3406Es. We have one in a truck mounted hammer mill and are looking to run a larger mill

Last edited:
Back