Pro Street 1st Gen Build Thread

I haven't done anything to the truck in a while, I've been saving money to pay my machine shop bill coming soon and with the rear end out of the truck I can't move it to the shop anyways. Speaking of rear ends, I took my rear differential up to moser engineering a few weeks ago and had them cut it down 8" on each side and the axles cut down and resplined to match. Only took one picture.
29af356afa88802f0e83f887ab069d69.jpg
with my rear wheel width and offset this should put the outer most tire patch contact at 68" I came to this number based off my dads race car. It tracks 68" wide and it's in the groove at every track we've ever taken it to.

Here soon I will be getting the call that my engine parts are done and I'll have some cool pics to post up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No updates worth posting about yet. Just some body work going on. Saving all my pennies so I can pick up my engine parts next month, then I'll post some pics.

Hadn't been here in a while to see updates but looks real good so far! Did I miss the rear suspension setup? I see 4 link mounts on the axle but didn't see the other parts to it? Like I said looks good nd anxious to see more progress in the future!

Ok I went back through and answered my own question. How do you determine the length of the front link bars and the rear ladder bars?

Ok I went back through and answered my own question. How do you determine the length of the front link bars and the rear ladder bars?

I've since then decided against going ladder bar in the rear. It will be 4 link like the front. Most of the 4 link brackets are designed for a 16-18" link bar. Ladder bar is a whole different story and we could start a whole other thread talking about instant center length and height and it's affects.

I've since then decided against going ladder bar in the rear. It will be 4 link like the front. Most of the 4 link brackets are designed for a 16-18" link bar. Ladder bar is a whole different story and we could start a whole other thread talking about instant center length and height and it's affects.

That goes for 4 links as well.

I know but he asked specifically how to determan ladder bar length and that is much more involved then 4 link actual link length, beigns that the actual link bar length doesn't matter much in a 4 link.

I knew it'd probably be fairly involved, especially with a 4 link. I'll do some research, just thought I'd ask. :Cheer:

Back