Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Why do people continue to insist on overpaying for S400 based turbos?

Billet wheel!

Race cover!

Ball bearings!

Well 2 of those are performance related items that have been proven to support more airflow and depending on where the ball bearings are used they can help reliability when pushed hard.

Why do people continue to insist on overpaying for S400 based turbos?

Billet wheel!

Race cover!

Ball bearings!

What’s your idea of overpaying? While I agree there are better options sometimes direct replacement is worth paying a little extra vs changing all the plumbing.

ok.gay dumb question? idk..maybe.....does anyone still use a cb radio on the road....if so..whats good and can ya buy something already antenna matched and not have to have a meter and crap like the old days

ok.gay dumb question? idk..maybe.....does anyone still use a cb radio on the road....if so..whats good and can ya buy something already antenna matched and not have to have a meter and crap like the old days
I hardly ever turn mine on anymore. The Billy bigrigger talk annoys the f@!* out of me and there's rarely anything useful. The 29 series radio's and Wilson antennas are hard to beat for standard use. A set up 10 meter like a general Lee isn't much more if you like talking a long distance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What’s your idea of overpaying? While I agree there are better options sometimes direct replacement is worth paying a little extra vs changing all the plumbing.

I guess that's the big one right? I had a customer (gasoline) pay a lot of money for a fancy shmancy S400 based turbo with ball bearings. Pretty much double the price of a genuine 88sxe with no real gains IMO.

Me? I'd rather save the money and have an actual compressor map. They ended up maxing out the turbine anyways.

Last edited:
Felt frisky so I made a meme. Might delete later.

74237761_423368088328957_5227465276475310080_n.png

Felt frisky so I made a meme. Might delete later.

74237761_423368088328957_5227465276475310080_n.png

Had quite a few get flashed over because a truckstop tuner could “definitely raise his HP because he had a 625 file” because the one in the truck only said 475. Nevermind the “475” will do north of 700 to the tires. So I’ve started making chit up to mess with them. Flash them to say 150hp and use a file number off a C32, makes the dealers scratch their heads. Made a few so no one can flash over them.

You spelled Chinese wrong.

Had quite a few get flashed over because a truckstop tuner could “definitely raise his HP because he had a 625 file” because the one in the truck only said 475. Nevermind the “475” will do north of 700 to the tires. So I’ve started making chit up to mess with them. Flash them to say 150hp and use a file number off a C32, makes the dealers scratch their heads. Made a few so no one can flash over them.

Thats reminds me of a few tunes ive seen from a rather well known detroit guy. All he does is take PW fudge factor and adds 10% to 15% and shoves it back in. I cant believe he could in good conscience charge peoole foe this.

In another note my clunker runs! Smooth as frig and a lot more bottom end.

Your tune got our ass chewed LOL LOL LOL

I've already shared this with John, but I'll tell the rest of you...

Driver called one morning early, lost the charger. Had it towed to CAT out in Maryland. First thing is CAT calls my brother..."You know this truck has been tampered with, right?" Brother says, "Yes, we paid good money for that, don't mess with it, install the new turbo"

They install turbo, clean charge air, etc, etc...won't let the truck leave without putting it on their Dyno. Whatever. They put it on the Dyno, the operator flogs on our truck, and immediately shuts it down. Get another phone call from CAT..."This truck has over 700HP at the wheels, you have no warranty, no guarantees, please get it out of our shop."

Our driver called later and was still laughing. Says they were PISSED!
LOL

Good job on the tune!!
Chris

As a dealer, we cannot legally "complete" a repair with restoring it to it's appropriate emissions tier.
I can't "make" you dyno your truck.

I'm not going bat an eye at your C32 150hp tune. I don't know why anyone would claim to be confused by it.

The only trouble we've had was an idiot I worked with that thought putting a cal In a cummins fixed anything. It didn't matter that the isx was chugging like a steam engine, he shoved that file in there before he did anything else.
Truck had been deleted, and then MO-Ron overwrote the tune. Things got uglier from there.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Your tune got our chewed LOL LOL LOL

I've already shared this with John, but I'll tell the rest of you...

Driver called one morning early, lost the charger. Had it towed to CAT out in Maryland. First thing is CAT calls my brother..."You know this truck has been tampered with, right?" Brother says, "Yes, we paid good money for that, don't mess with it, install the new turbo"

They install turbo, clean charge air, etc, etc...won't let the truck leave without putting it on their Dyno. Whatever. They put it on the Dyno, the operator flogs on our truck, and immediately shuts it down. Get another phone call from CAT..."This truck has over 700HP at the wheels, you have no warranty, no guarantees, please get it out of our shop."

Our driver called later and was still laughing. Says they were!
LOL

Good job on the tune!!
Chris

That’s just awesome!!! LOL :clap:

I guess that's the big one right? I had a customer (gasoline) pay a lot of money for a fancy shmancy S400 based turbo with ball bearings. Pretty much double the price of a genuine 88sxe with no real gains IMO.

Me? I'd rather save the money and have an actual compressor map. They ended up maxing out the turbine anyways.

Just because the customer isn’t set up to take advantage of that charger doesn’t mean the parts offered don’t offer improvements.

I'm not going bat an eye at your C32 150hp tune. I don't know why anyone would claim to be confused by it.

Uh huh, so what’s dealer protocol when a truck comes in and you try and update it to the latest and greatest calibration, and you can’t flash the ecm no matter how many laptops you try?

Or the SDP that’s deleted and your dealer tool number is the last one to make system changes?

Would your dealer put an injector in my truck? It’s a CJP C18 truck engine with the correct looking file, flashed by my local Cat dealer (according to the number).

The reason Cat in Maryland knew that someone else flashed it is because I didn’t change the tool number when I did his. I intentionally make everything look stock so dealer kool-aid drinking parts changers don’t puff their chest up and beg for a treat from their boss because they “caught one”. Take the money, bolt the turbo on and stfu. Like the one out west that wouldn’t replace the ecm on a Pete glider because they said it’s not legal. Smfh

Back