Truckers, lets see your rigs!

PETERBILT
357, C15 CAT 525HP, 18 SPEED, 12/40 AXLES

$5,502.22 CDN pesos Winning bid

I should've bid on it. only 600,000 miles. Cab was toast but the engine looked fine.

Pic thread.

c08d65c0f444c5bfe2a9ab02c0be1268.jpeg

697984c2fa8aa43f1690e2262b832b0c.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pullin today?

Am I the only one who hates cab mounted mirrors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No... I've just always kept quite in fear of retaliation! :hehe: I've seen trucks that had them I sure didn't hate, but I prefer door mounted mirrors, for some reason.

Am I the only one who hates cab mounted mirrors?

Only people I’ve found that like them are smokers and guys who can’t back up without opening the door. Oh and body shops that get paid to fix the corrosion.

Smokers are because they have wing windows.
I hate wing windows more than I hate cummins engines.

I am guilty about opening up my doors to back up. More so I usually just step out on the step and stand outside the truck.

I’ve just never liked the view outside of cab mounted mirrors.

Smokers are because they have wing windows.
I hate wing windows more than I hate cummins engines.

I am guilty about opening up my doors to back up. More so I usually just step out on the step and stand outside the truck.

I’ve just never liked the view outside of cab mounted mirrors.

Door mounted mirrors seem too close to the cab. All you see is the exhaust.

I finally got back home today and started tearing down my cat. There's a lot of scoring on rocker shafts and valve rollers and a few cam lobes. Cams getting swapped out for a marine cam but while doing a little looking around online I saw you can order the rocker bushings and the pin and roller kits to rebuild the arms. What's the process envolved for doing this? Just press out the old parts and press in the new pieces? Do the bushings need to be reamed afterwards?

I do have a metal lathe and could make a bushing driver if need be. Just wanna know if it's worth rebuilding them yourself vs buying remans.

I finally got back home today and started tearing down my cat. There's a lot of scoring on rocker shafts and valve rollers and a few cam lobes. Cams getting swapped out for a marine cam but while doing a little looking around online I saw you can order the rocker bushings and the pin and roller kits to rebuild the arms. What's the process envolved for doing this? Just press out the old parts and press in the new pieces? Do the bushings need to be reamed afterwards?

I do have a metal lathe and could make a bushing driver if need be. Just wanna know if it's worth rebuilding them yourself vs buying remans.

Depends on what your time is worth. I bought a few complete rocker sets on EBay to have as spares for $250.

Back