Mamba vs Farmtruck?

I can hook better on an old concrete air port drag strip then I can on most actual drag strips

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Not sure about hooking a high torque 4x4 diesel on the street, seen a lot of these guys spin all the way down the track on drag strips that were supposely preped. I'd think the FT would get a big jump off the line and it would all depend on how far they raced and if the diesel could get traction as to who won. I seriouly doubt the times would be anything close to what they can run on a good drag strip. Not sure I'd want to be standing anywhere very close to the street either.

X2, I agree. I don't see a truck set up like Darren's or Seth's getting off the line well on the street dropping the hammer at ~60# boost; going to be some better dropping the launch down to like 40# like Slowpoke mentioned, but if it snuffs or goes under the chargers it's all done. FT leaves fast and consistant, that 'usually' wins races on the street or track.

But Id never count out several of the top fast
trucks if they could get to full boost and maintain traction some how.

It was a fun night at the races with him, we had everyone at the fence watching us yank and carry the wheels out past the 60' mark.... later in the night he showed me where he had a ton of added weight under the truck And in the bed on the pass. side right back in the corner behind the axle.

He laughed when I told him mine were higher and longer and all my weight was up front, he shook his head, laughed and said damn diesels :hehe:

Farm truck is pretty cool but I still think a 9 second prostreet diesel will beat a 10.5 second farm truck with slicks on the street.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXLdnF13tSY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXLdnF13tSY[/ame]

I have a 70s international truck that has a camper shell? It just needs more Power! Or a Cummins?

Any of you who believe FT is running those times on the street know nothing about street racing... Mamba would not need to run low 9's to beat him low 10's will do it all day long.

He can not run the same tune and spray what he does on the track. You can talk about PS trucks on the track getting traction but that truck struggles as much as they do. The race would be over by the 100' mark...

Any of you who believe FT is running those times on the street know nothing about street racing... Mamba would not need to run low 9's to beat him low 10's will do it all day long.

He can not run the same tune and spray what he does on the track. You can talk about PS trucks on the track getting traction but that truck struggles as much as they do. The race would be over by the 100' mark...

You act like the PS trucks are just gonna hook and get down. I don't see it that way.

Well of course I will take the Mamba FTW DUH but u will have to refer this question to Mickey I have other ambitions again "I just wanna go faster" in a little red S10

All I have to say to this post is......UHH....WOO!!!! Can't wait to see it again Sir.

You act like the PS trucks are just gonna hook and get down. I don't see it that way.

Yeah hook and get down to an easy low 10? Yep I am saying that about the Mamba or Phil you have not seen me say that about all PS trucks. The 4wd is also a major advantage on the street.

as in "You Dropped a Bomb on Me"?

because I want to watch that video edited exactly like that!! :clap:

Haha!

Yeah most do not notice how the edit out the tires up in smoke short shifting portions of the Farm truck running.

When he got gaped by Tina in the s-10 she was running on motor...

Don't get me wrong I love the truck and the owner is a cool guy. It is fun to watch run. The bottom line is to many people are buying the hype of the show and think it is fast and dead hooks. That truck is a handful and heavy..

You guys have not seen the houston farm truck in action I guess. Reg cab lwb cummins 4x4 destroying every street racer in town. I don't think that truck has ever been beat on the street. Point being a high hp 4x4 can hook on the streets.

Back