6.7 cummins in a 2nd gen

no tubing project would be complete without the proper tools. i’m very thankful for JP letting me borrow this rolling chassis table. makes life easy squaring everything up.

ZUQDhdp.jpg

pIttGii.jpg

if anyone on the west coast looking for 4130 tubing get in contact with totten tube, they have been very nice to deal with and free delivery on $150 up orders.

now on to salvaging the roll cage and following the SFI 25.4 chassis spec. good for 7.50 ET at 3600# max weight.

first things first, the rear cross member.
SzIM94P.jpg

3 piece front cross member
EbKIxRP.jpg

bSWCdQ5.jpg

nw4Wf9L.jpg

first mock-up on front half
zXB6VNT.jpg

5h0bMN0.jpg

R5nNkil.jpg

pass side front 4-link
IcqRFYj.jpg

61gpMWO.jpg

I never did go back to see what micron that filter is. ?

Have you run the large pump yet? I'm curious about the demand it requires from the ECM.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

For someone so committed to weight savings, I sure do see a lot of heavy bolts... what’s another paycheck for lightweight hardware at this point, right?

I never did go back to see what micron that filter is. ?

Have you run the large pump yet? I'm curious about the demand it requires from the ECM.

i’m not sure and it doesn’t say on the filter. the big pump runs fine and acts weird (rpm limited) for about 30 seconds after initial start up then it’s wide open. i’m using a fish dual cp3 controller to drive it. the low pressure side of it feeds itself and the industrial XP cp3 with 90-100psi at idle.

For someone so committed to weight savings, I sure do see a lot of heavy bolts... what’s another paycheck for lightweight hardware at this point, right?

meh hardware isn’t worth much in weight savings. i’m pretty confident that all said and done i’ll weigh 3400-3500 lbs at the line with me in it.

meh hardware isn’t worth much in weight savings. i’m pretty confident that all said and done i’ll weigh 3400-3500 lbs at the line with me in it.

You could’ve just cummins swapped a Miata? LOL
That’s impressive. What does the engine/trans/tcase weigh together? Can’t remember if I saw a number on the case.

You could’ve just cummins swapped a Miata? LOL
That’s impressive. What does the engine/trans/tcase weigh together? Can’t remember if I saw a number on the case.

lol no way... engine weighs 1126, tcase 54, trans/converter i’m guessing 200ish

Holy cow. I thought the old versions of the project were cool.

x 100! Amazing work.

Maybe I need to hang out with jlibert more, too... Will this be street driven? What information can you share about the big fuel pump? If you don't want to put it on a public forum, I understand. About the only thing I know about it was that one of the big dogs (Scheid?) had one on their drag truck.

x 100! Amazing work.

Maybe I need to hang out with jlibert more, too... Will this be street driven? What information can you share about the big fuel pump? If you don't want to put it on a public forum, I understand. About the only thing I know about it was that one of the big dogs (Scheid?) had one on their drag truck.

thank you first off! i’m a mediocre welder at best and have never bent tube or fitted until now. i hope to see others dive in and go all out.

this is a drag race only truck. no water in it, and filled block. the pump i don’t know much about, honestly scheid could even tell me how to plumb it, but they have been helpful with it. all that’s left to do is rag it out and see if it can keep up.

micah sullivan had one but was using an aftermarket bosch ecm, never seen or heard of anyone using one

thank you first off! i’m a mediocre welder at best and have never bent tube or fitted until now. i hope to see others dive in and go all out.

this is a drag race only truck. no water in it, and filled block. the pump i don’t know much about, honestly scheid could even tell me how to plumb it, but they have been helpful with it. all that’s left to do is rag it out and see if it can keep up.

micah sullivan had one but was using an aftermarket bosch ecm, never seen or heard of anyone using one

There is a Cat powered Semi that runs in the A Class up north with 6 of them on it iirc. Exergy had a hand in that one. Owner of the truck is Mike Sturgill. They were running Bosch standalone as well on that. First I have seen with a factory style ecu.

Yep, I was going to find the thread.
The pump is the same one on 500hp HD applications on several platforms, if it's the one from the thread.

We pulled 5 of them from Navistar engines back in 2012/2013 due to a fault with the (KUEV?) valve.

There is a Cat powered Semi that runs in the A Class up north with 6 of them on it iirc. Exergy had a hand in that one. Owner of the truck is Mike Sturgill. They were running Bosch standalone as well on that. First I have seen with a factory style ecu.

wow 6! we’ll see if it works, i’ve got nothing to gain if it works or fails. more of an experiment for me.

week 12. engine & trans is finally mounted, front shocks mounted, also made good progress on backhalf. hopefully be on the ground this weekend :rockwoot:

TYGMC1r.jpg

mECY0Wi.jpg

KjWZJv1.jpg

VHWs93O.jpg

0z1s2Vu.jpg

7lJZOiS.jpg

NO9lm1Y.jpg

5PksjRq.jpg

ReDMDx6.jpg

eaRKaSx.jpg

tRq0hdI.jpg

iW77KUm.jpg