Drive pressure particle trap?

DFE16858.jpg

D8DC35B2.jpg

DF99726B.jpg

AA5E18F4.jpg

Thanks Lance still gotta run the line to my wastegate but I'm happy with it so far.

Might be a good idea to swap the brass manifold fitting for a steel swag lock compression fitting. We found the brass ones get loose when they get warm. Mcmaster.com has steel compression fittings.

Might be a good idea to swap the brass manifold fitting for a steel swag lock compression fitting. We found the brass ones get loose when they get warm. Mcmaster.com has steel compression fittings.

This is truth. I can't keep my brass fitting tight. About once a week I hit it with a wrench. I need to try the steel also. :D

I installed mine two weeks ago and it works great! No more worries about clogging up with soot.. For the price, I think we should get a mounting bracket of some sort.. But it's a good product..

I see some use copper and some stainless between manifold and trap.
Is it enough to use copper, or did it has to be stainless? Which is the prefer inner diameter of the tube? Is it necessary to wind it like a coil, or is it good enough to just leave it straight about 15 inch?
//nilsson

I've posted two pictures of my copper tubing, per your request, which feeds the solenoids for waste-gate control. I have been following this post since it started and would like to add the traps to my setup.

Upper_Tubing.JPG

Lower_Tubing.JPG

Will this be fine, the sensor is screwed directly into the top of the particle trap?
tepe4a6a.jpg
amy4aveq.jpg

Last edited:
Home Depot piece together special right there.

All the electricians and ex-electricians like me on here are laughing. LOL

Actually, the hanger itself looks pretty good.....it is that gawd awful angle piece. ;)

And what the hell is up with that battery terminal?

Last edited:
All the electricians and ex-electricians like me on here are laughing. LOL

Actually, the hanger itself looks pretty good.....it is that gawd awful angle piece. ;)

And what the hell is up with that battery terminal?

Ha, the angle piece is just what I happened to see in the fence aisle at the Home Depot. That terminal is pretty eaten up from corrosion, I just haven't replaced it yet. It's jerry rigged with a washer right now so the bolt doesn't pull through. It's not my daily driver and I don't drive or start it nearly as often as I should so the corrosion build up on the batteries gets bad at times.

Back