Drive pressure particle trap?

What kind of fittings did you use, between the copper line and the trap, copper line and the manifold. And between the trap and plastic tube to the gauge?
//nilsson

I've been putting off responses because I'm hoping they will get back from anodizing any day but still not back yet. :doh:

Alright all the parts are back from anodizing, I added an extra outlet port as well. Reports are my added baffles are working as well.

dppt001.jpg

Mmmm black.
International sales are aren't my forte, been given the stick a few times.
So they are in-stock. Unfortunately with the additions (extra ports, more internal baffles and coating) the price is now $69.99.
But I'm 200% confident that its a one-time buy that will stay looking good for years to come. Dual ports on the top to make it BOV ready.

Last edited:
dppt001.jpg

Mmmm black.
International sales are aren't my forte, been given the stick a few times.
So they are in-stock. Unfortunately with the additions (extra ports, more internal baffles and coating) the price is now $69.99.
But I'm 200% confident that its a one-time buy that will stay looking good for years to come. Dual ports on the top to make it BOV ready.

Hell can I trade in the one I already have and pay a difference? I'd love to have one BOV/WG ready.

The caps are interchangeable, only really difference is more holes.
There is a new internal baffle that can be installed in the 1st run models.
dppt002.jpg

Ok, I replied to you on facebook, but I'd be down for just getting the new baffle (just because) and cap and swapping those if thats what I have to do.

The baffle seems to prevent water from spraying into the top, some issues with that this winter when the test truck went snowmobiling... soot mixed with water = GOOP.

Yeah I used to get condensation really bad, all the way up to the gauge. It would plug up my old DP filters within days. The DPPT hasn't had any issues with it though, and aside from expected issues with 5 months of soot in it, it works great.

I don't feel like I need the baffle, but since it's available, I'd like to get it LOL

I never realized the amount of moisture involved in the line until I went to hook up my drive pressure gauge today. I'll be ordering one of these tomorrow.

Here's my results. Put it on in february, got about 6k miles on it, and she's a very, very sooty truck for most of my around town driving.

Cap on the left is stock one lance sent with it in february, obvious water made it through, and it was pretty black, but no real soot particles. Still very functional right up till removed. Cap on the right is the new one lance sent me with the baffle and 2 outputs. On the cardboard, you can see the amount of crap that the trap kept out of my lines.

aee6c0f0-cfdd-c075.jpg

aee6c0f0-d0dd-9918.jpg

Here's a shot of the top inside of the canister, after I brake cleaned it. Again, wasn't any soot particles, just some black from water.

aee6c0f0-d0ee-25a4.jpg

Just a pic for size reference. it really is a lot of carbon considering the air in the lines doesnt move much.

aee6c0f0-d151-f605.jpg

Edit: don't know why the last one is upside down. That pile is also about 1/4" deep.

aee6c0f0-d31b-f0e3.jpg

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Back