Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Just haul more, faster.

More bucks makes mileage irrelevant.

That’s my theory.

Who’s got the part number for the s480 cat turbo replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1496-988-0001 is the part number for the S480 with the 1.58 housing. I’ve got 1.32 and 1.45 housings too if that one is laggy.

Where do you get one of those stainless kenworth heater boxes?

I believe the company that made them is out of business. I think it was just a side project anyway.

Edit: just called the guy that sent me the pic. Some guy was making them out of his garage. Was cutting the pieces at work and don’t think he does it anymore.

Last edited:
Sneaky Germans and their sketchy designs
25d90897a0208c1507b433b20ae84f16.jpg
c615fbbbc9406d85d578fe60ba920861.jpg
666e20547601f20ca10717471f8849e9.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Who’s got the part number for the s480 cat turbo replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Get one of those switchblade turbos I keep seeing....maybe get 2 of em on there somehow

Attachments

• 19059049_1740730502623107_715636169952868346_n.jpg
    19059049_1740730502623107_715636169952868346_n.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
GAW!!!! I want that coating so bad!

Having trouble finding a shop around me to do this. They have coatings, but wont take the heat.

The coatings are the same, I believe everyone uses Cerakote but to get that shine they have to have a polisher that is very expensive. The polished doesn’t hold up as good as the black so regardless of who does it you will have to have it redone every few years. Green scotch-brite brings it back somewhat but it’s not spray and forget, it requires work to keep the shine.

Or just be done with it and do Swaintech

Same chit. Their polished won’t hold up any better. Everyone will tell you for high heat you need the black if you want it to last. I’ve had stuff coated at 3 different places and it all ends up the same. The honest ones will tell you before you do it.

“High Temp Ceramic" which is typically rated at 1700F - 2000F+ and comes in many colors BUT Bright. All bright ceramics are rated at 1100F - 1300F”

Last edited:
Or just be done with it and do Swaintech

Swain Tech told me the only color they could do was white. That is the color of their proprietary coating.

Same chit. Their polished won’t hold up any better. Everyone will tell you for high heat you need the black if you want it to last. I’ve had stuff coated at 3 different places and it all ends up the same. The honest ones will tell you before you do it.

“High Temp Ceramic" which is typically rated at 1700F - 2000F+ and comes in many colors BUT Bright. All bright ceramics are rated at 1100F - 1300F”

The coatings are the same, I believe everyone uses Cerakote but to get that shine they have to have a polisher that is very expensive. The polished doesn’t hold up as good as the black so regardless of who does it you will have to have it redone every few years. Green scotch-brite brings it back somewhat but it’s not spray and forget, it requires work to keep the shine.

I'd be fine with black at this point. The 1100-1300F coating would be fine by me. Every shop I've talked to says there coating is only good to like 400F or 600F.

That's the color of pure ceramic. They can also get it a lot thicker than most.

Lmao, anyone can spray it as thick as they want, it’s just like powder coat. You hang the part, spray it and bake it, it’s not as technical as you must think it is.

Lmao, anyone can spray it as thick as they want, it’s just like powder coat. You hang the part, spray it and bake it, it’s not as technical as you must think it is.

I guess it depends on what the user wants. But from what I understand the shiny stuff can't be as thick it will flake and peel off. The off white (pure ceramic) stuff can be thicker and withstand higher heat and more heat cycles. I know people that have had the swaintech stuff on for years and years and it looks brand new.

If anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

Back