Truckers, lets see your rigs!

More of that, “we can’t have nice stuff bs”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The roads are rough as sh!t here. And we also do bush running. The mounts and fenders would crack in a heartbeat. Even with good mounts and nice stainless fenders, it’s only a matter of time before they start to crack.

The one road I travel up north is 350 km one direction and built with big rocks and granite.

We can have nice equipment but nice fibreglass fenders wouldn’t last.

any of ya still use a cb radio.. I need something cheap and easy for my fl....is the matching cable to the antenna and all that still a thing?

We use sometimes. Most cb have built in set meter and just tune your antenna to that.

I prefer the 2 ways. Depending who I talk to I can get 25 miles out of it.

Shift are 100% better than WTI junk but either are like eating a turd just one has ketchup so it doesn’t taste as bad.

LOLLOL

Nice

Where we take our RGN, we have resigned ourselves to the fact that eventually our fenders will get a scratch. As long as they can take it, that's all we care.
Chris

So in light of the fender discussion that has been going on, I have a question.

This is my first rodeo with “nice” fenders.

How much fender to trailer clearance do you guys have on level ground?

I lowered my truck 4”, built fifth wheel risers to put my fifth wheel at 49.5” at ride height, set my fenders about 1” off the (new) tires with the suspension dumped.
I have 6.25” of fender to trailer clearance and I hope to God I never get this thing twisted up enough to hit! LOL

So in light of the fender discussion that has been going on, I have a question.

This is my first rodeo with “nice” fenders.

How much fender to trailer clearance do you guys have on level ground?

I lowered my truck 4”, built fifth wheel risers to put my fifth wheel at 49.5” at ride height, set my fenders about 1” off the (new) tires with the suspension dumped.
I have 6.25” of fender to trailer clearance and I hope to God I never get this thing twisted up enough to hit! LOL

You will. If you don’t hit em from the top tires will toss something through from the bottom. Just how it is

Well, other than the letters on the door, and the last bit of paperwork, it’s “done”.

That said, is a truck ever done?

Attachments

• CA7DA6AB-829F-4D20-871E-A270B17AC0FB.jpg
    CA7DA6AB-829F-4D20-871E-A270B17AC0FB.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 253A9B46-CE83-4990-A062-CA53CC08F87A.jpg
    253A9B46-CE83-4990-A062-CA53CC08F87A.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 0
Turned out nice, looks simple and light.

Thanks.

I’ve weighed it 3 times, on 2 different scales, and have gotten 3 different different weights. 25,000lbs, 25,580lbs, and 26,280lbs.
Once I get on a certified scale I guess I’ll find out what it actually weighs. LOL

Thanks.

I’ve weighed it 3 times, on 2 different scales, and have gotten 3 different different weights. 25,000lbs, 25,580lbs, and 26,280lbs.

Once I get on a certified scale I guess I’ll find out what it actually weighs. LOL

Close....bet if I pull my passenger seat I can get down there.
b715a56ff1e5d9f3bd96caa3ade470dd.jpg

Brackets on the way for the tag axle. Minimizer makes the brackets that are in the picture of the green and white peterbilt
cecc9a730eada8ac6c7e8f482e17f7a5.jpg
bf4010a6c1f9ea13201a3973795c82f5.jpg

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Well holy hell not even a year into my dads new Volvo ownership and all hell is breaking loose. DEF issues. Somehow the Bosch pump has a tendency to leak DEF fluid into the harness. The problem is once it touches the DEF harness it wicks its way into the main harness. No idea why this happened. One theory is overfilling, the other is cold weather. I've heard other makes have this issue too. Come on it's been 10 ****ing years with this DEF ****.

Initially they said 6-12 weeks. But now they've sourced a "generic harness". Labor/parts is still $10,000! Sure it's on warranty but unless they engineer a solution the truck is worthless off warranty.

Back