SXE Turbo Dyno Testing

Hmmmm... Looks like that 69 would make a nice primary in a small set of tow twins.

Did you guys by chance do any street testing as well or dyno only? Very informative so far, answering a lot of questions. Thanks for doing the tests!

Did you guys by chance do any street testing as well or dyno only? Very informative so far, answering a lot of questions. Thanks for doing the tests!

We've street-driven most of the turbo combinations on this truck, one test I try with every change is "will it do a burnout from a stop" meaning will it build boost against the tight converter with 25* timing and 5700' elevation? So far, the 369sxe w/.80AR is the only combination that wouldn't spool.

In the s369 dyno video, Todd said that the 69 flows what an old s475 does, does this mean that the s369 can make the numbers on a common rail that an s475 would? Airflow wise, what can the 369 support as far as max power in your opinion?

In the s369 dyno video, Todd said that the 69 flows what an old s475 does, does this mean that the s369 can make the numbers on a common rail that an s475 would? Airflow wise, what can the 369 support as far as max power in your opinion?

We've only ran them on a few stock-ish common rails in the low 600 HP range so I can't comment on exactly how much power it can make vs. the older S475. The flow map shows it can make the same power, will the turbine support when both are pushed to the extreme limits and off the flow map it is the real question? On a 5.9 street truck, I'd wager there's no comparison on the street-ability/fun factor, the 369sxe spools exceptionally well for flow potential so it would be a better charger.

I've heard from other industry contacts that they are seeing higher torque numbers with the 369sxe vs. S475 in a single turbo common rail Cummins applications, but I think the latest and greatest billet aftermarket compressor wheel 475's (Not standard Borg) still make low 800 HP range whereas the 369's are producing high 700 HP range on the chassis dyno.

Today's test: 362sxe 68mm turbine w/.91ar T4 housing
For this test, we swapped out the stock exhaust manifold and replaced it with a cast 3-piece T4 manifold. We did not install a wastegate on this setup so boost pressure and drive pressure at the mercy of Physics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnKT9amC5BE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnKT9amC5BE[/ame]

I have a .83 wastegated t4 housing for the 68mm wheel you can borrow for testing. It is a little different in the volutes than the .83 non gated from what I have seen.

I have a .83 wastegated t4 housing for the 68mm wheel you can borrow for testing. It is a little different in the volutes than the .83 non gated from what I have seen.

We appreciate the offer, but we already have a .83 non-gated here and some test runs have already been made and filmed, just cutting and editing the videos for a clean finished comparison video then we'll upload and share.

Today's Test: 364.5 SXE w/ .91ar T4 non-gated housing

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9eoRvBNXA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9eoRvBNXA[/ame]

That 362, with .70 housing keeps looking better, at least for every day usable power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm really curious if the .83 will be anywhere close to the .70. This shows why all the people love their 62/68/12(.70). Thanks for posting:thankyou2:

That 362, with .70 housing keeps looking better, at least for every day usable power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

We usually get positive feedback from customers that run the 362/.70 combination.

I'm really curious if the .83 will be anywhere close to the .70. This shows why all the people love their 62/68/12(.70). Thanks for posting:thankyou2:

The .83 is quite a bit better than the .91 as I recall from testing this week, I think we'll get the .83 runs posted up in the next couple days.

These chargers are great. I've got a 69 with the larger turbine, .91 housing...runs great! Spools a little bit slower than my phatshaft62 did (doesn't take long to sing at all) I've seen a few threads about people saying you can't tow with them...they obviously never tried and/or never tow anything. My 5thwheel is 14k empty. Tows it just as good as my 62 did with 100hp sticks if not even better. Egt's under 1200 with 200% over injectors while watching throttle position. Hands down great all around charger.

Back