Race Truck build...

I'm not removing the carpet.. I need some sorta class with it... and i didn't want a regular cab because I wanna be fast as a quad cab...and I like to room...!!! this truck has sentimental value... so making it my monster is my dream... Its not getting a name!!! either.... and yes I work for ATS but not using any of our turbos.... I have soem custom garrets on their way...

Here are the pics from yesterdays progress.. got the driveline out and trans.. all compound stuff is out... and all the junk on the passenger side it gone some of the drives side... pulling the motor today... on my way there now!!!

DSCN0850.jpg

my friend Dakota sitting in the engine bay... he is little!!!!
DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0849.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

DSCN0848.jpg

DSCN0855.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg

DSCN0857.jpg

DSCN0858.jpg

Some stuff laying around I hope I remember where it all goes...
DSCN0854.jpg

DSCN0853.jpg

the Converter is done by Phil Taylor DPC for the opie fat shafts.. trans is headed back to Jeff Garmon to refreshed and a new converter.. I have a stand alone valve body and controller from ATS that I'm using next season... most of my stuff is sold already.. I just posted my SRT10 hood...I'm shooting for a high altitude truck running 10.5 without going all out.. I will be using the ATS synergy stand alone ECM as well.. suspension is getting changed but I'm staying in super street.. it will be a fun build watch for the pics...

Good progress.....Just a suggestion but it only takes about 1 min 30 seconds flat to pull the front bumper, just way nicer to work on.

ATS experimenting with the ecu yet?

Good progress.....Just a suggestion but it only takes about 1 min 30 seconds flat to pull the front bumper, just way nicer to work on.

ATS experimenting with the ecu yet?

I know... But I didnt wanna take any more off.... I was tired... tonight...!!!

I havent forgotten about you I need to email you my questions!!!.. We have a cool bracket to attach it to the ecu...!!! it will be really awesome...

No sweat, what piston-injector you going with? Don't know if the QSB 480's can still be had, but thats what I'd throw in with some CRIN3's.

I'm gunna use an 03-04 piston bowl and nozzle... im sending my new bodies to zenergy or whatever their name is... looking to use 300 hp nozzles..I can get 480X pistons.. I was thinking og a light weight piston or maybe using a mahle monotherm... not sure yet I have carrillo rods..still out on the cam...lots of options maybe a custom one.. and next is the head thing.. I don't like fire rings.. not sure out copper.. I might just do a fatcory gasket... and they are easy to change out...

Exergy, and i don't think the monotherms are made for the 03/04 design. I'm sure they can be made though.

Yeah I can't ever remember thier name... its hard to find info on them too... well I hope I can find the right piston to use... I could go with my current 06 bowl since I have a nira.. and change my injection set up maybe i have just bim dead set...but dont the 03-04 nozzles spray better???

Back