Race Truck build...

Sucks when you pull it out and all it does is puke on the floor.

Great pics of the build.

The build looks like it is coming along nicely!:Cheer:
I have a few questions though.
-I may have missed it but what are your goals for the truck(time,hp)
-What are the capabilities of the stand alone ECM? Will you be able to tune every aspect of how fuel is delivered, what kind of RPM will you be able to turn with it? (sorry if it's dumb I just don't know much about the common rail)
-are you running planning on running nitrous ?

Well goals are spool fast,Rev fast, hook up and get down the track..

the main pieces that I will be paying the most attention to is Suspension,Tuning and Traction.

With the Synergy I will complete controll over the engine..this will end the Duaramax age imop...it will make things very competitive...

My E.T. goal is 10.50 with out nitrous and running all out... I do plan on running a progressive N20 set up and maybe some water for cooling purposes..

Changed my turbo set up... a deal i couldn't pass up.. but we are running a 71mm over a 98mm gated very much!!!... should be alot of fun... I might punch the motor out a tiny bit we shall see what the machine shop says..

I know... I have acquired alot of the expensive stuff already ... I have ruffly 15k left spend to get it where I want it to be in 2 months ... inaugural run will be at the desert diesel nationals..in march.!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Something like that... we are using some new inventions that have recently have come about....

A 71 over 98 does not not seem like a "real fast" spooling combo at the line. Curious as to why not a smaller secondary to reach that goal easier? In no way do i know more than an ATS tech about turbos but curious cause that was my same goal with my twins I just ordered. I know the truck weight and hp goals will have allot to do with the larger chargers.

A 71 over 98 does not not seem like a "real fast" spooling combo at the line. Curious as to why not a smaller secondary to reach that goal easier? In no way do i know more than an ATS tech about turbos but curious cause that was my same goal with my twins I just ordered. I know the truck weight and hp goals will have allot to do with the larger chargers.

With the correct components and stand alone tuning nothing is impossible, what was once thought to be slow can now be quite fast....

thanks both of you guys....I like negative and postive comments... helps me see things I sometimes forget or don't think of.. I will be running a 10cm exhaust housing on my 71mm and it will be gated with 1 or 2 turbonectics newgen wastegates... that I got on craigslist for 400!!!! for both.. the best score I have ever gotten!!!! woooo... brand new... I am really relying on the fact that the tuning will really open the door to things not possible before... I could have and epic fail or come out on top like a champ...!!!

I had nooo problems spooling a 71mm on the street with 90hp injectors and close to stock stall, It daily drove clean and spooled nicely!
I think with your tunning it will be sweet!
There was a truck in the 10' DPC that was running a 3000/8000 setup, it definatly wasn't a dedicated track truck i don't believe.

I had nooo problems spooling a 71mm on the street with 90hp injectors and close to stock stall, It daily drove clean and spooled nicely!
There was a truck in the 10' DPC that was running a 3000/8000 setup, it definatly wasn't a dedicated track truck i don't believe.

Thats Sean Gammel, watched it dyno locally and that thing is definatley daily driven. Watched it roll down the road on the way home. Although he was only making 750 ish hp at the time.

a 71 will spool much faster than a 71 over a big Turbo. I know of one guy around here that has to spray his 71 over 480 to get it to spool in decent time at the line. Or lets say fast enough to not get auto timed at the line.

Joesixpack Has a thread about the standalone, he could program around the pre and post events and make something like 45psi of boost in neutral. Iirc... Go standalone!

I was in Sean's truck tonight to get beer... He is doing all the electrical work in our new engineering facility... it drives like a stock truck.. he uses it for his work truck as well... and he drives 5 hours from ats to montrose colorado where he lives and has no issues driving the high mountain passes...

a 71 will spool much faster than a 71 over a big Turbo. I know of one guy around here that has to spray his 71 over 480 to get it to spool in decent time at the line. Or lets say fast enough to not get auto timed at the line.

the top turbo will have a very small exhaust and be gated really well... plus the equal length header I'm making should help a bit too... I really hope it works as planned when I'm finished and people are truly impressed with my craftsmanship... I going all out in this with my budget... I'm ordering .40 over pistons tomorrow...!!!

Yeah im gunna use those pistons and go. 040 over... and matching nozzles

Sweet, let me know what you think of them when you get them. I think I am going to use the qsb's for my CR build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back