Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I've always wondered why some trucks have those very long frames.

Well if that wasn’t a daycab cabover that would be a pretty short wheelbase truck. Longer trucks ride better and I know this goes against what most people think but longer trucks carry more steering weight. I’ve got long and short trucks and the short ones don’t turn very good. If you stop at a stop sign and try and turn when the road is wet they will push and slide the steering tires. In order to get 12k they have to have the 5th wheel in front of the drives. My truck is 285” and has 12 easy with the pin between the drives.

Curious how the hoppers slope with that many traps. The sweatpants crowd would have a heart attack climbing in and out of a cab over plus dumping four traps.

Salesman said they were steep slopes. I wouldn’t want 4 traps, we have some with 3 and it’s a pita. At least the first 2 are together, our 3 are spaced far enough apart you have to move 3 times. Glad I don’t pull them.

Tuning a c12. 2002 2ks 350 - 370 hp I don't know jack about best methods etc. I see pdi has a hand held tuner. I see there is fuel and boost wires (seems kind of out dated to me). Can the cat dealer do something. Sorry for the basic question.

Holy fuggin' hell!

78fb43abece73d6f877b9be11b125b7d.jpg

Tuning a c12. 2002 2ks 350 - 370 hp I don't know jack about best methods etc. I see pdi has a hand held tuner. I see there is fuel and boost wires (seems kind of out dated to me). Can the cat dealer do something. Sorry for the basic question.

How much you want?

I would think a 75 - 100 hp would make a difference. Then I think a turbo upgrade wouldn't be too costly, and what could I get out of that.

I would think a 75 - 100 hp would make a difference. Then I think a turbo upgrade wouldn't be too costly, and what could I get out of that.

171702 is direct replacement and an ecm flash can embarrass a stock C15. Would need ESN to make sure injectors are the same. Most I’ve messed with were 430hp to start.

forgot the oil? cuz it dont look like much leaked outta that hole..or kept that brg from disintegrating

No she was full, it’s just all over everything behind it. Direct/overdrive shift clutch broke and got wedged between 2 gears. Did it when the splitter was flipped idling in my driveway.
487bd6035851259233d837ceadf9dd85.jpg

Truck was just serviced so I know it was full.

31ac40a3f6cc8f7c10d973225978ba1f.jpg

Even left a snail trail to drop the trailer.

Where do you get your transmissions, or do you build your own from parts?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back