Hood Stack

You done yet?? I need one when you're ready.

Um..no...we are still designing the mounting system for the stack. Once that is designed, and the stacks are done, we can beta test the set up. Only thing is for now, it will probably just be the stack and mount. So someone with a hood stack now would be our best canidate for a beta test.

I got a realy good idea for a way o mount a stack.....I just dont have access to a Fire table or water jet! But Ill be more than happy to Beta test it for ya (Mine is realy junky mount) I already have the stack too!

Ive got an idea or two myself, Ill fire up the paintshop and scribble it.

Looks like Bosshawg and myself get to be the thinktank/giunea pigs.:hehe:

if you make them something like 6" and have the people cut the hole 7" and only make it around 12" tall you can open the hood.

p.s. if you need another beta tester, I am pretty sure I going to be putting one on my truck in the near future...

Rick

if you make them something like 6" and have the people cut the hole 7" and only make it around 12" tall you can open the hood.

p.s. if you need another beta tester, I am pretty sure I going to be putting one on my truck in the near future...

Rick

Thank's Rick, that's a good idea too. I'll have to keep that in mind as well.

As for a beta tester, I'll PM you if we will need you!

tbe idea that we discused josh ? whould this work still or no? looked like it would $.02

tbe idea that we discused josh ? whould this work still or no? looked like it would $.02

TBA not TBE...but sorta yeah....

I have our engineering guy drawing the mounting system this week...:evil:

Zach, :poke: you need to get me those contacts local to us wanting to beta test...:poke:

what do you need still i can round up a few good canidates for the hood stack attack:woohoo:

I just made a few calls, looked in a DMV law book, and googled it. No one of them said it was illegal in Indiana!

I wouldnt see why or what idiot would make it illegal? I would like to hear the reasoning from whoever made it illegal. I mean besides the beautiful music comin straight out of a diesel engine LOL

emissions....

but what cop would really pull you over for it? none in this area i would think. no less illegal than doing a stack out the back.

The legality of a hood stack has to do with the fact that laws require exhaust to exit behind the passenger compartment, which obviously isn't the case with a hood stack.

No muffler, no emmisions systems, most state MV laws state that the exhaust must exit behind the passenger compartment. Some dicks could get you for a obstruction of view, and they are LOUD. Quiet inside for some reason.

Haha well i think thats just plain stupid. the only thing i could understand is noise volume and the emissions seems the dumbest one because they dont emission test diesels for inspections. At least not Texas I cant speak for others

Same thing up here (PA) as far as emissions go. Way back there used to be problems and there still are with carbon monoxide poisoning and death in automobiles because of leaky exhaust systems. Its more of a precaution to guard against that.

Back