Hood Stack

Well I just got 2 prints of the hood stack mounting set up....

Next step is to look it over with the managers, and see what they say.

If it's ok, then it's off to be quoted, and built...:woohoo:

Oh cowboy, I just found a very easy way to mount a stack to the hood! Should have it done very soo (only involves a few bolts and a few tack welds!)

Any update here or should I start building my own?
Thinking about a hood stack for the track and exhaust for the street. Replacing the hood for a nicer one anyway.

The law couldn't get you on emissions or lack of muffler (as far as Texas goes), turbocharger is a mechanical muffling device and as long as it didn't come with a cat or dpf you don't need one.

Any update here or should I start building my own?
Thinking about a hood stack for the track and exhaust for the street. Replacing the hood for a nicer one anyway.

No update yet. I'm still waiting for the "ok" to have some sample's made.

well hurry up getting the ok still waiting and just throw a muffler on instead of hood stack lol

Tell me about it...this is killing me having to wait. From the looks of things, it's looking like first of the year before I'll be able to have a sample made.

crzycowboy

I can send you some copies of the rings I've had made to mount the hoodstacks to the hoods. Comes with pre-drilled holes for the top mount and a matching ring for the underside basically like a huge washer. Makes instal alot easier and for a clean appearance.

Update!!!

Well after a 2 month or so back burner stay...the hood stack project has now got the green light to go. I was granted the go ahead to day to have a proto type of the mounting plates to be built. Once these are done, we will build a proto type of a stack for test fitting purpose's. Once that is done we move on to production. With that in mind I have SEVERAL important questions that need to be discussed.

1.) Stack Length What is the ideal height most of you looking for? 12", 15", 18"? We will offer what ever the majority says they will need or run. Also they will either be Miter Cut...or Straight Cut.

2.) Mounting Plate Material We need to know what kind of material to build these plates out of. The proto type will be built out of what ever material they have laying around...but the finished product we need to know what you all think. Aluminum? Issue with that is Aluminum can corrode when put next to different types of metal. BUT it would be extremely light, which in racing is very important. Stainless Steel? This would be heavier, but will not have an corrosive reaction. Any idea's or thoughts on this would be great.

3.) Stack Diameter Now I do not see anyone wanting a 4" hood stack, but ya never know. As of right now we are set to build a 6" proto type, with a 7" to be built after all the R&D is done on the 6" one. Is there a need for a 5" version or no?

As always thank you for all your feedback..we want to make sure that when we build this system, it is what the USER wants. I appologize for the delay in this set up, but that's how it goes sometimes. At any rate, I look forward to the discussions.

If I recall correctly, dump trucks have some sort of setup that disconnects the stack when the dump body goes up, and then reconnects when the bed is in stowed position. That sort of setup would be the best, since you could open your hood with no trouble at all. Diameter-wise, 6" or 7" would be good. Stainless material (304) would be good. I'd love a hood stack.

If I recall correctly, dump trucks have some sort of setup that disconnects the stack when the dump body goes up, and then reconnects when the bed is in stowed position. That sort of setup would be the best, since you could open your hood with no trouble at all. Diameter-wise, 6" or 7" would be good. Stainless material (304) would be good. I'd love a hood stack.

We have the parts you're talking about. These could very easily be used if needed or wanted by the end user depending on their set up.

just coming back to check in and see if any updates and looks like you have the go ahead, if you need a beta tester let me know stockturbo 96 12 valve is what it would be going on if not let me know when they are ready

A friend of mine is wondering if she can get a Hood Stack in Pink!! It seems to be her colour I guest!

Im still voleteering my truck as a guinea pig.

I think most would like a 12" to the top of the miter in a 6" made from stainless.

Id like a 7" myself to test if I had a choice.

i would want a 5" stack out my hood. and by the way how are you going to clear the A/C lines there by the turbo?

i remember that bigbaddodge "1" hood stack came out top notch. probally one of the slickest ive ever seen. might want to contact him for suggestions.

also is anodizing an option for the allum ring? that would help guard against pitting and such.

Back