Hood Stack

So, now we have a new dillema, these rings we have designed up, may not be the best way to install the hood stacks. With the hood supports you would be limited to where you can put this set up, which may not be the ideal place for some applications. So, my next question for you guys are...where is the most ideal placement for one of these? Are you going in between the cross brace's? Closer to the cab, or closer to the nose of the truck? I have a Gen 2 Dodge hood here for us to check out some locations.

Josh, probably closer to the cab of the truck. I think it would be easier to make the exhaust pipe to slip into it

Update

Well we sorta had to go back to the drawing board here, and re-thing the way to build these hood stack mounts to be universal, and keep the "bolt on" application. After talkin' with Josh, aka Roachie, and the fabricators here, this is what we came up with. Some of you at the TS Outlaw event probably seen this truck that the set up was on doing some Beta test for us. (Real Deal Motorsports link: YouTube - MOV013 )

Anyways here are some shot's of the application. We are currently making the changes we need to better this set up.

100_0515.jpg

100_0516.jpg

100_0517.jpg

100_0520.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0522.jpg

Any feedback you'd like to give is great! Let me know what you guys think.

I'll call the guys and ask them to shoot me over the pictures over of the hood closed. I did ask for some of those shots too, just didn't get any from them.

Hmm, that looks like a cross between both our ideas?

Yes sir..when I took your idea to our fabricator, he said it was very similar to what he had already started to fabricate. Thanks for all your help too Josh, we are now one step closer to having a finished product.

Sweet, put me down for a 7" miter :cheer:

The pictures are of the 7" version. Only he's running a 7" straight top. We are still working on what diameters to offer. I know 6 and 7 inch for sure, but what about 5"? Is this a common size hood stack?

I doubt there is much demand for a 5". Hell, my 6" looks small enough

Hey josh i will see if adam has any pics i think wee took them at the house befor we left. If not I can run over to Billys and take some.

I'm ready when you are. Need a 6 or 7in straight cut.

We are still tweaking this set up it's still gonna be a few weeks before all is buttoned up. However, the mounting rings will be availble in chrome, or raw steel, so they can be painted to match trucks!

Hey josh i will see if adam has any pics i think wee took them at the house befor we left. If not I can run over to Billys and take some.

LOL I already talked to Adam, he was having a minor disagreement with his PC this morning. He's gonna send me the ones with the hood closed tonight. I'll post those pictures tomorrow morning.

We are still tweaking this set up it's still gonna be a few weeks before all is buttoned up. However, the mounting rings will be availble in chrome, or raw steel, so they can be painted to match trucks!

I'll have my piping done waiting to hear from you. A couple weeks will be just right. :Cheer:

I doubt there is much demand for a 5". Hell, my 6" looks small enough

Ok, then I'll just have them focus on the 6 and 7 inch ones for now. If anyone else has opinions regarding the stack size, please let me know.

Cool that works I hate his computer

LOL that's what he said....LOL except he added an adult word that is not aloud in the forums..:eek: LOL :hehe:

I'll have my piping done waiting to hear from you. A couple weeks will be just right. :Cheer:

Not sure if it's gonna be a couple weeks, it may take 3-4 weeks to get these all built and finished. Trust me once they're done, there will be a HUGE announcment, and emails to all my Powerflow Dealers.

LOL that's what he said....LOL except he added an adult word that is not aloud in the forums..:eek: LOL :hehe:

Not sure if it's gonna be a couple weeks, it may take 3-4 weeks to get these all built and finished. Trust me once they're done, there will be a HUGE announcment, and emails to all my Powerflow Dealers.

That's cool. I'm sure I'll get an email then. Thanks Josh

Back