Hood Stack

Josh, I am thinking about putting one on my truck too, so keep me posted too... is there any rules against hood stacks in any of the racing organizations? such as NHRDA, NADM, NHRA et al

Thanks

Kevin

I really, really, really, really wish they were street legal in Georgia.

However, I am thinking very hard about getting some 7" flat top stacks.

Was this project ever completed with a price tag?

Sorry for not updating this thread in a LONG while. The hood stack was post-poned for a while, but is now back in the mix of things here. They are currently going through the drawings, and updating them, those should be done by the end of this month early next. Our release date for these hood stack setups are end of this year, early 2010. I'll post more pictures of the hood stacks when I get them.

No prices yet, because of the design change. Once that is finalize, I'll be able to get a round about idea on cost.

Any updates on the Hood Stack Kits.. I have few people want to go to a hood stack.. I'd rather buy your kit.. (the pics from the first ones looked good..)
Thanks,
Bryan

Thanks,
Do you know if that is going to be an introduction of the product?? or just a teaser.. I can hold off on a few guys.. but some want them very soon...
Bryan

My friend billy did the R and D for the stack the mag actually came out today in the mail. I think that they were almost done with the product. Wait to see if josh will post something up here.

a bolt on hood stack kit would be nice. I been thinking about a hood stack but i want a good clean look.

Yes it will be a bolt on application very similar to the one in Diesel World Magazine...which I have NOT seen yet..:doh:...I got the updated drawings last week, and they look GOOD! Now I have to talk to the head cheese here, and see what they want next. They know I am wanting to release these kits AS SOON AS I CAN! It took a little longer than expected to get these designes finalized, and I appologize for the delay. I should know something this week on when I'll actually have some for my dealers to sell.

any more word on this yet boss

Got 1 quote back, waiting on the other 2. Gonna have 1 built, to replace the proto-type we built back this past summer...just to make sure the new design is gonna work the way it's supposed to. I should have a release date sometime here in the next 2 weeks! :rockwoot:

Well here is a quick update. Got a quote back for the hood rings...these will most likely be made up of 304 S.S. Not sure if we will have them polished or not yet. We also received a quote for a gasket to go between the Hood Ring, and the hood, now we are not sure if this will be needed or not yet, when we get the next working sample in our hands, we will test it, and see if it helps or hinders this set up. We hope to still have everything ready for a release this month..I'll keep this thread posted more now since we are getting closer to a completion date.

By the way..the proto type hood stack that was seen in Diesel World Magazine, the truck it was on took second place in the points series it ran in for 2009! I wanna say congrats to Bill, Matt, and Adam for getting that truck where they did!

First ones out of the chute will be 7" kits....to be followed up by 5 and 6 inch kits.

Back