Running rough and shaking

Dboy11

Resident Closet Gay
So i just did the egr delete on the truck, which made a world of a difference. The issue now, which they never seem to stop, is the truck will shake and run rough intermittenly. It does it only once the motor is warm and does it only at idle. It will start to shake and the motor will run rough for a few seconds then stop. It sounds like its getting bogged down or something. Anyone had this same issue? By the way, I am also running erics performance tune as of late. Im sort of at a loss with this truck. Its been a great truck but there always seems to be something going. Im almost done with this thing. I need some people to convince me to keep the 6.0 LOL

Check your connections again. Sounds like you have a loose one. You just eliminated a big headache. Be patient it will come around and be a solid truck again.

So just go back and double check everything that i took apart. I can do that. What other mods should I look into for reliability? The only big one I have done so far is that egr delete. I wish I had the time to wrench on it more but I dont, and for that reason it has stayed relatively stock. Well i guess i will start with that. Any other suggestions?

I did dump some diesel kleen/ cetane booster in it and it seemed to help some but its still there, intermittenly as always

did it do this before you did the egr delete or did it start after you did it? If it started after you did the egr delete...that would make me think that there is an injector plug that isn't plugged into the injector harness right.

It was running really rough before the egr delete. Then right after I put the kit on it was running the best it ever had for about 2 weeks. Now in those 2 weeks i have put about 2.5K on the truck. Then yesterday it started doing it all over again, but not nearly as bad as before the egr delete was done.

Mine does the same thing. Ford said when it idles rough that all 8 injectors are misfiring and they could not find the problem after 3 weeks in the shop. My check engine light is coming on now saying multiple cylinder misfire. Like you said, it don't do it all of the time and only does it when it is idling.

well that actually helps alot jw!! So do you think there is a way to fix this, I am really thinking hard about selling this thing right now. So we must have something that is pretty impressively wrong for the manufacturer of the vehicle to not be able to fix LOL

It wasn't the FICM because I tried two different ones and two different ecms. I make the last payment next month so I really don't want to get rid of it. I just want to know what's wrong with it.

I change my fuel and oil every 5k. It is now time to change them. No I do not have a fuel pressure gauge. I need to get a new tranny temp gauge so I guess ill order one of those to.

Had the same exact problem with my 6.0. Ran great when it was running, but at idle, it would spit and sputter like it was "cammed up". My guy put a Fuel Pressure Sensor in the back of the "Valley" behind the turbo. I bought the part from Ford for...I think like $150.00, would have to go and look to be sure. That cleared mine up. Very simple part. Also, I gave up on FORD techs (at least at any dealership in my area within 150 miles) a long time ago. Hope this might help.:doh:$.02

No its not anywhere near that bad. Its just a little bit rough and you can feel a slight vibration in the truck. Like i said, its only an intermittent issue. And mine runs fine when its cold. It only does this weird idle thing when its warm.

same with mine. could it be injectors going bad? the only other thing i could think it would be is maybe a burnt piston? i dunno, just throwing some thoughts out there, LOL

I still want to hang on the to the FICM module.....same exact problem from what you are describing....very intermittent...ran the truck that way for several months....might want to check the electrical connection on it too...you can reach back the valley of the motor and wiggle the connection....had some guys tell me that that connector can go bad as well.:pop:

Back