Running rough and shaking

Ok I hope its not a burnt piston!! Well I'm going to try a few of these things and ill let you guys know. Another question too. The truck has 105k on it. Does anyone ever see high mileage 6.0's lol

Ok I hope its not a burnt piston!! Well I'm going to try a few of these things and ill let you guys know. Another question too. The truck has 105k on it. Does anyone ever see high mileage 6.0's lol :umno:

I currently have 70k on mine....I will have a high mileage 6.0....one way or the other, way too much invested in it now to let it go.....its an early build '03 but with the mods and fixes....starting to come around...

ive got 130000 on mine... its been ok, except for the egr cooler and the last turbo that threw me for a big loop awhile back, LOL

I don't think it is a burnt piston because mine was doing it before the second set of headgaskets and the tech said the pistons looked good. Mine has been doing it over a year now so if it was a burnt piston I think it would have come apart by now. Do you ever notice if the smoke changes from black black to gray? I can nail it sometimes and it is pitch black and clears up to a very light light haze. Other times it is gray and stays gray. Your truck is the only other truck that I have heard that is doing the same exact thing as mine. It will be idling fine and then gets rough just for a few seconds. It then smooths out instantly like something clicks on.

I currently have 70k on mine....I will have a high mileage 6.0....one way or the other, way too much invested in it now to let it go.....its an early build '03 but with the mods and fixes....starting to come around...

Weren't all the early 03's still 7.3? Thats the impression I was under, at least.

I don't think it is a burnt piston because mine was doing it before the second set of headgaskets and the tech said the pistons looked good. Mine has been doing it over a year now so if it was a burnt piston I think it would have come apart by now. Do you ever notice if the smoke changes from black black to gray? I can nail it sometimes and it is pitch black and clears up to a very light light haze. Other times it is gray and stays gray. Your truck is the only other truck that I have heard that is doing the same exact thing as mine. It will be idling fine and then gets rough just for a few seconds. It then smooths out instantly like something clicks on.

ok, that makes me feel a lot better now! im about to do my headgaskets, and i was fearing that id get the heads off and see a messed up piston!

could something like the compressor clutch on the serpentine belt be going out? or causing a little drag that would make the truck idle funny for a minute, then clear up?

hey jwfrauts....next time your out this way call me... We can have a party for weird running 6.0's lol. Well when I was speaking of high mileage, I put that more in the tune of 200K plus. I mean we should be seeing that not a problem out of a diesel engine. That is one factor that makes us buy it anyway, am I wrong? I havent had time to check anything on the truck, but will get to it this weekend. I guess what aint broke, dont fix it. So I could just drive it until it quits. It runs fine any other time but at idle. It is weird!! Weazel, it feels like its something more, but dont bet on that. I just want it to keep running until I feel safe buying one of the new 2011's!!!!!!!

Any fix on this yet - mine is doing something very similar after studs, injectors, gaskets and new turbo install.

99% sure you have a bad injector, that will not throw a code, or show up on a power balance. Mine took a year before it finally crapped out and showed its head. Let me guess, when the TC locks, it bucks and jerks? If you unlock the tc, it clears up?

Back