Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I’m starting to think the mileage is the driver... phuck this thing, and trucks, and the government, and trucking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m starting to think the mileage is the driver... phuck this thing, and trucks, and the government, and trucking.

You ain't kiddin. My next truck will be a tow truck. Try rockin back half a gear. Higher rpm and less throttle. That worked with my isx, mileage went up a lot when heavy. I had lower gears though. It liked 17th at 60ish mph when heavy. It hated lugging. Keeps temps down too

17th isn't efficient. It goes in this order:

16th (direct) most efficient, both boxes direct <--- 11th on a 13
17th least efficient, both boxes turning <--- 12th on a 13
18th in between, front box turning rear box direct <--- 13th on a 13

This is with a 13/18 with two overdrive gears.

Yea, you'll be forever in 16th. Lol. In MY experience, when I was loaded, 115-117k, until I was 72-73 mph it wasn't real happy in 18th. I could roll with traffic in 17th and it just seamed to be happier. Although if I was in the big gear it was just in a better spot at 72-73. That's just too fast for most of the roads I used to run.

17th isn't efficient. It goes in this order:

16th (direct) most efficient, both boxes direct <--- 11th on a 13
17th least efficient, both boxes turning <--- 12th on a 13
18th in between, front box turning rear box direct <--- 13th on a 13

This is with a 13/18 with two overdrive gears.

Trans efficiency is less important than engine rpm under load imo.

Anyone ever put one piece side windows in a Kenworth? Sick of the vent windows and don’t really like the look of daylight doors. I know they make a kit for peterbilt but what about the better half of paccar?

Trans efficiency is less important than engine rpm under load imo.

You need to drink more Kevin Rutherford Kool-Aid. You need a Eaton FR15210B 10spd and the fastest rears you can get. You need one with a ring gear as small as a pickup truck and gross 45k hauling amazon boxes in a smooth van trailer. I got this formula for what works for every application off the internet and your not allowed to post inaccurate stuff on the internet.

Anyone ever put one piece side windows in a Kenworth? Sick of the vent windows and don’t really like the look of daylight doors. I know they make a kit for peterbilt but what about the better half of paccar?

Phuck the outlaw kustoms kit for peterbilt. Mine suck arse!

You need to drink more Kevin Rutherford Kool-Aid. You need a Eaton FR15210B 10spd and the fastest rears you can get. You need one with a ring gear as small as a pickup truck and gross 45k hauling amazon boxes in a smooth van trailer. I got this formula for what works for every application off the internet and your not allowed to post inaccurate stuff on the internet.

Would it help to remove the rear driveshaft so I’m only turning one?

Could you trim a gasket from a daylight door, then have a glass shop cut a 1 piece glass? Maybe use a daylight door glass?

Don't forget a turbo3000d and an aircell

Could you trim a gasket from a daylight door, then have a glass shop cut a 1 piece glass? Maybe use a daylight door glass?

Not sure.... I did the glass gasket for around the window a couple years ago and it was basically a cut to fit piece. I guess maybe similar could work..... then a rail would have to be mounted on the front side of the door for the window to slide up in. There’s a plastic piece that the door skin is riveted to at the top. Not sure how that plays into making it a single piece.

Really? What’s bad about them? Is that the shop that had that short tv show?

Not sure on the tv show.
The regulator setup and such is piss poor. They go down fast but will hardly pull themselves back up. Half the time I have to help them.

I love the look, I love the fact that stupid pos wing window isn’t there, but idk if it was worth it.

Is there much of difference in injectors form a 5ek to a mxs. Have a customer the has a 5ek in the shop for a overhaul, that is getting a platinum, that has 15000 miles on injectors, and a mxs that needs injectors.

Back