Is this capable of 1000 HP ?

My old truck ran 7.2 with 811hp. Weighed 7100 with me in it.
That twin setup would be very fun to drive but would live a lot longer around 700-750 hp

Last edited:
I ended up finally buying this truck. It runs strong.
I did have the check engine light come When I drove it home.
It has not went off. Should I be concerned about this ?

I am looking at a truck in which the fellow claims it has dynoed at 1000HP without NOS.

I am wondering if it is true with what has been done to the truck.
He did have an 1/8 mile time slip and figuring on a online calculator it was less than 700hp.

Here is what has been done to the truck its an 06 quad cab 4x4 with a built auto.

EFI 5 stage live
compound turbos s480 over stock
wicked wheel
Head work (unknown what was done)
625 arp studs
104lb valve springs
HD push rods
180hp industrial injection injectors
5" exhaust
Stock bottom end
Stock intercooler

Would this be capable of 1000 HP ?

The stock bottom end with a quick compound setup at that power level would scare me more than the check engine light.... Check engine ports are way more expensive to repair.

1000hp... with a stokker inline... the short answer is no.

My initial information was wrong. The stock turbo has been modified according to the PO. However, the information has been lost how it was modified. Maybe it has the wicked wheel in it ??? I do not know. Will find a Dyno locally. I suppose if it is not 1k hp it will be easier on the bottom end.Will post the Dyno results from the PO soon.

2u8kkkw.jpg

qqyejm.jpg

Dude you have a lot of unknowns in your book of answers for a truck you just bought. You’re braver than me.

And let me get this right, check engine light that you have no clue what it is, but yet you still put it on the dyno?

Also x2: good bye rods in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Bro that dyno sheet and a stock bottom end dont usually have a lasting relationship

You basically a bought ticking time bomb

May God be with you.

Dude you have a lot of unknowns in your book of answers for a truck you just bought. You’re braver than me.

And let me get this right, check engine light that you have no clue what it is, but yet you still put it on the dyno?

Also x2: good bye rods in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is the Dyno sheet from the PO. Light came on when I drove it home.

Bro that dyno sheet and a stock bottom end dont usually have a lasting relationship

You basically a bought ticking time bomb

May God be with you.

He has been for 25 years. I am the third owner with this setup. If it blows , I will get a shredder long block. May get or anyway for a truck I was going to build.

Back