Is this capable of 1000 HP ?

My truck with a small lift and 35's, weighs 7900lbs with a full tank and me in it, ran a 7.4 in the 1/8th last weekend. So something doesn't sound right to me about the truck you purchased.

The PO could have given me a Dyno sheet from another truck. Would not surprise me. I will have it dynoed at some point to verify. Will have to find one in the area. SW Ohio.

Regardless of the new dyno sheet, I hope you're able to just enjoy the truck. Because, as others have already stated, you're on borrowed time with compounds and a stock bottom end. Makes much more torque down low than a single does.

We've made 1298hp to the wheels on a 220k stock bottom end, large single, and a small nitrous shot.

Do you have all needed gauges to monitor the engine such as egt/ boost / drive?

Could care less on the horsepower.

IF that is the dyno sheet for your truck your torque# at 2200ftlb is monstrous and where it is on the graph is scary.

Last edited:
The PO could have given me a Dyno sheet from another truck. Would not surprise me. I will have it dynoed at some point to verify. Will have to find one in the area. SW Ohio.
Firepunk up in plain city, would definitely be reputable numbers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Regardless of the new dyno sheet, I hope you're able to just enjoy the truck. Because, as others have already stated, you're on borrowed time with compounds and a stock bottom end. Makes much more torque down low than a single does.

We've made 1298hp to the wheels on a 220k stock bottom end, large single, and a small nitrous shot.

Thanks for the input. What large single do you recommend ?

Do you have all needed gauges to monitor the engine such as egt/ boost / drive?

Could care less on the horsepower.

IF that is the dyno sheet for your truck your torque# at 2200ftlb is monstrous and where it is on the graph is scary.
Egt, boost, trans temp. I think it will beat my viper in the quarter as it sits. :rockwoot:

What I would do prior to the dyno is try and mimic the power curve in a safe area.

Looks to be about 2300-2400 rpms is your peak torque, look and see what's boost and egts like aswell.

I'd just change the secondary to something like a 66/73/.91 and go with a t4 manifold, will loose some of that bottom end torque and I bet would run alot better in the upper rpms, and go run the hell out of it and have fun. The guy doesn't sound like he's scared to fix it if he breaks it.

And I can say from experience on that turbo combo, ran the same and got me in the mid 10's. On a 12v

Here are a few pics.
2m346rc.jpg

opod1k.jpg

2gvkh6t.jpg

28vg0pk.jpg

2lsv49h.jpg

v401ec.jpg

2550xg3.jpg

14jakgz.jpg

2r7qzc3.jpg

Looks like a pretty clean truck. Definitely jealous of the shop space. That steering needs some lovin IMO

I would just update it to the 08+ style steering.

You have the older style steering where the drag link connects directly to the passenger side knuckle.

The 08+ style has the tie rod from one wheel to the other, then the drag link intersects the tie rod near the passenger side wheel. Better steering angles and geometry IMO.

I changed mine to the 08+ style through and aftermarket company and added a steering box brace and it was amazing as far as the changes made to the trucks handling and road manners.

Is it just me or does that s400 look extremely small? On a t4 foot? Maybe its just the picture? My big bearing housing s4 dwarfs that in a picture.

Last edited:
Back