Need tuning on new 8130 and 9860sts

i put a TS on our 8330, it pulled a lot harder and fuel consumption on the display - GPH went down by 2

i got it for a good price too
sending pm....

be careful that the box doesnt hop up the rail pressure. if it gets to high the machine will shut down and jd will have to reset it. (from my jd mech) the 8020s i think started this deal. they have a special sensor on the rail pressure that keeps them from being aftermarket hopepd up from what i gather.

he keeps telling me if your caught with a box on your machine, you, the jd mch, and jd dealer can get in trouble for working on it( just think he dont want me to chip my 8400)

i still havent made my mind up on my 8400, it needs lots of help. this spring ive got a new 30ft finisher for it now....

be careful that the box doesnt hop up the rail pressure. if it gets to high the machine will shut down and jd will have to reset it. (from my jd mech) the 8020s i think started this deal. they have a special sensor on the rail pressure that keeps them from being aftermarket hopepd up from what i gather.

he keeps telling me if your caught with a box on your machine, you, the jd mch, and jd dealer can get in trouble for working on it( just think he dont want me to chip my 8400)

i still havent made my mind up on my 8400, it needs lots of help. this spring ive got a new 30ft finisher for it now....

He is pulling your leg on the "special sensor" in the rail. We don't increase rail pressure beyond spec of the rail. John Deere can't tell if you have had some add hp on the tractor anyway. I do give credit to John Deere for making the most efforts to keep us out of there electronics. So far they have been unsuccessful.

Most of the time the dealers tell small fibbs like this to get you to spend money on the next size up.

Our 8430 isn't that great on the grain cart. Sure it rides better over the rows with the ILS but the IVT sucks when you're loaded and need to haul A$$ to the truck to dump.

Have you ever played with the switch that sits about where the old field cruise switch was on the older tractors? Makes a HUGE difference in how the tractor performs. Also adjusts the transmission "shifting" points. Our 8430 works great on our 1100bu. cart. :D We have plenty of big hills to deal with as well.

As a Deere field tech, I can tell you there is a code set on some 20, 30 and R tractors. The description is aftermarket power enhancement installed! No "special" sensor!!!!!!!!!!!! TS, TR&M, Blixton and Bullydog, can not be "traced" and do not require a dealer "reset". The only way to find is if code sets or actually seeing unit. All tractors do NOT generate this code. I definitly say TS is the strongest and best unit available, I have tried em all.

Dennis Perry:

Have you tested all the engine and transmission parameters with the ts turned up, to see if they stay in the safe limit? or should i use half power for daily working?
Thanks
Btw im considereing a ts unit for my 8130

Dennis Perry:

Have you tested all the engine and transmission parameters with the ts turned up, to see if they stay in the safe limit? or should i use half power for daily working?
Thanks
Btw im considereing a ts unit for my 8130

It is designed for you to use the unit turned all the way. Whether we are in the field or using a dyno we will really work them hard to make sure it doesn't become an issue for the end user. Your best fuel economy will come from the unit turned all the way up.

Thanks!

If you dyno tested them, how much HP did it make with it off? how much with it turned on? on what machine?
thanks!
Im considering in buying another one soon!

Dennis,

I just bought a new TS unit for a 8130 and noticed the new boxes dont come with an adjustable knob anymore :( and no switch either!

Can i install a switch between one of the jumpers at the connector on the newer units?

if so wich one?

Back