Budget Beater!

This should answer the above question.

I'm running my setup a little different since ill be driving it to every event. Titanium will feed main port on injection pump and be controlled with boost compensated regulator. HPFP will feed front port on injection pump and be controlled the same way but only be used when I'm at the track. HPFP powered by a switch in cab.

So you will be circumventing the internal ball and spring regulated returns from the pumps to the filler neck? Along with removing the OFV from the P7100 and running two separate external regulators after the P7100?

Are you running two separate draw straws, two sumps or a combination of both?

Last edited:
So you will be circumventing the internal ball and spring regulated returns from the pumps to the filler neck? Along with removing the OFV from the P7100 and running two separate external regulators after the P7100?

Are you running two separate draw straws, two sumps or a combination of both?

I have a fuel cell with two feed ports. One for each pump. Two returns as well. One for the titanium and one off the OFV and injector return.

HPFP has built in boost compensated regulator and Titanium I have a separate boost compensated regulator. Going to set them up to have same amount of pressure and flow to equalize each port being fed. Will also use a standard regulator as an OFV.

Would it not be possible to just use the regulator/OFV and leave out regulators on the supply pumps? Wouldn't the lone regulator/OFV work to regulate psi from the supply pumps? That would give maximum flow to the injection pump.

That's basically how the factory lift pump and OFV work.

Perhaps I'm thinking wrong here.

I'll be feeding the side port with the titanium and the front port with the HPFP so I have toile them as equal as possible. Overflow side will be 3/8" line from pump to tank. I'll have about 250gph feeding my pump at the track.

But why have the supply pumps regulated as well as the return out of the P7100?

I'm not trying to be a dink. Just trying to understand the theory behind the way we fuel these things.

Why couldn't I block of the return built into the Titanium on my VP44 truck, replace the OFV on the VP44 with an actual fuel regulator and return to the tank from the regulator? Making sure the injector return on the back of the head was plumbed into the return after the regulator?

The OFV is going to control how much fuel pressure I build in the injection pump itself.

I'm running the fuel pumps in parralel, each with their own feed port on the injection pump so im regulating the fuel pumps so I have equal amounts of pressure and flow feeding each port.

Hope that helps

what OFV you gonna run and how much PSI ?? only reason i ask is i spent almost 2yrs dealing with fuel pressure issues

mine is all fixed now, but i could see where you might be headed down the same road i did

Last edited:
Going to run an adjustable regulator as the OFV so I can run any psi I want. Going to start at about 70 psi and see where that takes me.

Going to run an adjustable regulator as the OFV so I can run any psi I want. Going to start at about 70 psi and see where that takes me.

Exactly what you want. To regulate the pressure in the injection pump. The factory OFV is nothing more than a regulator.

What I can't get my head around is why we have to regulate the fuel pressure before it enters the injection pump (regulators in the supply pumps) and regulate the fuel pressure inside the injection pump (OFV).

I must be thick headed. :)

Back