waste gated s472?

jake2001

I bought a s472/83 a/r .90 and it came non gated and I was wondering if I should waste gate it or not. It is going on a 2001 24v vp truck it is a manual also. Thanks for any input.

The S472 is going to suck and that isn't your biggest problem with the equation. An S472 on a vp truck with a manual is going to be miserable on the track. You will have about 500 usable rpm, you'll be slamming gears, and running slow times all while being a smokey hot mess.

The S472 is going to suck and that isn't your biggest problem with the equation. An S472 on a vp truck with a manual is going to be miserable on the track. You will have about 500 usable rpm, you'll be slamming gears, and running slow times all while being a smokey hot mess.

Did think about it a lot to be honest. I probably won't be great at the track but still be a fun on the street I think...

Honestly i dont see it being a fun truck in any manner. But prove all of us wrong. I wouldnt want to drive it with that turbo until it was ppumped.

Vp is the last concern for me. Drag racing a manual truck is just ignorant, especially with the rest of your setup. Just my personal opinion.

Edit: apparently it didn't refresh when I thought it did. Tree'd several times.

Last edited:
What's rest of your setup?

Fass 175, fireringed head, new headgasket, arp 425 headstuds, 7x10 body with 12 tip injectors, 110# pound valve springs, bd diesel stealth cover, new vp44, edge comp box with hot unlock, bd diesel short throw shifter, southbend dual disc 3850, .93 oversized injector lines, over sized feed tubes

Back