waste gated s472?

Fass 175, fireringed head, new headgasket, arp 425 headstuds, 7x10 body with 12 tip injectors, 110# pound valve springs, bd diesel stealth cover, new vp44, edge comp box with hot unlock, bd diesel short throw shifter, southbend dual disc 3850, .93 oversized injector lines, over sized feed tubes

I don't see that that being too much for a 63 and that's for damn sure never gonna spool that big charger.

I like it. Have fun with what you have. With what you have you won't be the leader, but you can have fun. I saw you asking about dirt drags, the 4500 will be a bit funner in that environment rather than the black top. However I agree the 72 will be hard as a single, if I were you I'd sell off or add a small secondary under it.

I like it. Have fun with what you have. With what you have you won't be the leader, but you can have fun. I saw you asking about dirt drags, the 4500 will be a bit funner in that environment rather than the black top. However I agree the 72 will be hard as a single, if I were you I'd sell off or add a small secondary under it.

Thanks man. If I don't like it I'm just going to throw my 63 back on till I can get the truck ppumped and then I'll put the s472 on again. And ya have been tossing around the idea of selling my nv5600 for a nv4500

Ah, it won't be that bad. I ran an 71mm Aurora 5000 as a single (tight .85 a/r) and only had problems during locked OD shifts. Made 60psi by 2500rpm. Shift as late as you can to avoid surging.

Ah, it won't be that bad. I ran an 71mm Aurora 5000 as a single (tight .85 a/r) and only had problems during locked OD shifts. Made 60psi by 2500rpm. Shift as late as you can to avoid surging.

On a ppump... If he got it lit at 2500 he's outta chit 700 rpms later.

He is manual truck. He is a VP truck. This is S400 chassis with a .91 ar housing not a K31 with tight housing machined for it. Apples to oranges. We are trying to be honest with the guy. Large S400 chargers are not a good match for a vp powered manual truck. Ever. In history.

He is manual truck. He is a VP truck. This is S400 chassis with a .91 ar housing not a K31 with tight housing machined for it. Apples to oranges. We are trying to be honest with the guy. Large S400 chargers are not a good match for a vp powered manual truck. Ever. In history.

Zach... Quit it. It's not what he wants to hear.

My buddy has an s472 .91 housing on a vp truck with a smarty and 150s. It suuucks. Lag city, doesn't drive the turbo hard at all barely sees 35 psi WOT. And this is a built auto.

My buddy has an s472 .91 housing on a vp truck with a smarty and 150s. It suuucks. Lag city, doesn't drive the turbo hard at all barely sees 35 psi WOT. And this is a built auto.

No wire tap and little injectors. Bet smokes like a mofo too. :doh:

It does!! I'll admit I don't know anything about vps. I've only had common rails and a 12 valve so I'm no help to him there.

Back