Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I like to strike a happy medium. I have to enjoy what I’m doing and I can’t do that in a fleet spec 400hp pos. I’ve done it and hated every minute of it.
That's where I'm at, if I don't enjoy driving it, then what's the point? Also, if .1 mpg makes or breaks me, then it's time to get out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Like an old modular sleeper boot, or an aero cab? Either way it’s a no but haven’t had a 2pc since 1990 but don’t remember ever having an issue.

Yes sir. This one. I haven't looked real closely yet. What I gather it leaks around the boot badly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 0
Tires are hating life. Lol
9cd7e8152ee62aac425d348f1fca361d.jpg

Is it true a lot of pete/kw guys swap in airliner suspension?

Only the cheap ones because you used to be able to buy an airliner cutoff for $500. Glider market raised that for a while but it’s back in the toilet now. Hendrickson spring sells higher than airliner. Nothing wrong with airliner just market is flooded. Guys now are swapping old low air leaf to the new style. Way less issues with bushings and breaking U bolts.

Last edited:
Is a single axle KW 8 bag setup going to give us any problems? We're not huge fans of 8 bag ride, but beggars can't be choosy. Our Pete's have always ridden way nicer than the 8 bag KW we have...kinda feels like a baby buggy to us.

Chris

I find my "upgraded" ag200 isn't too bad. Real cranky about ride height and changing shocks is a bit but it rides and handles decent.

Is it true a lot of pete/kw guys swap in airliner suspension?
I really think airliner is one of the best air suspensions ever made, tough, rides nice and not too much sway, there's just no way I could bring myself to put freightliner parts on my 359. I've heard that airliner was the first low air but peterbilt sold it to freightliner and designed another low air, could just be a truckstop story to justify putting it on paccar stuff though lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I find my "upgraded" ag200 isn't too bad. Real cranky about ride height and changing shocks is a bit but it rides and handles decent.

Yea the 200 was a turd. Whoever thought removing the rubber bushings was a good idea probably now works for IH designing their junk. The 8 bag is almost maintenance free, bushings maybe close to 1mil unlike low air that’s every couple years.

Yea the 200 was a turd. Whoever thought removing the rubber bushings was a good idea probably now works for IH designing their junk. The 8 bag is almost maintenance free, bushings maybe close to 1mil unlike low air that’s every couple years.

I've got the orange stemco poly bushings everywhere too. I really like them

Back