Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Truck frame rails off to be galvanized
26910879_10213980256874080_192721255179813387_o.jpg

Yeah DD don't have camshaft issues that is why our engine parts shop buys them for $500 at auction all day long. Maybe they are $500 because there is so little demand for parts from a reliability standpoint that nobody needs them? or..... they are a steaming pile of chit.

In other news I’m pretty sure this Detroit runs almost as good as my cat. Until you get in a bigger hill. Normal flat land, and slight grades, I can leave the cruise set at 72 and not drop a gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That CAT needs a good tune...I won't say there's no Detroit that won't run with our T800, but it will EAT an ISX600 and our 550hp 6NZ (factory tune from Pete).

At 95K you don't take it out of the big hole here...we're fairly flat though. Some grades, but not stupid hills.

Chris

That CAT needs a good tune...I won't say there's no Detroit that won't run with our T800, but it will EAT an ISX600 and our 550hp 6NZ (factory tune from Pete).

At 95K you don't take it out of the big hole here...we're fairly flat though. Some grades, but not stupid hills.

Chris

I’m fully convinced that cat has a problem. It’s not right. It runs better than this 14L but until you get into a hill, it’s not that noticeable.
Granted the truck ran pretty good with a 600 file in it, but was warm and still got horrible fuel mileage.

In other news I’m pretty sure this Detroit runs almost as good as my cat. Until you get in a bigger hill. Normal flat land, and slight grades, I can leave the cruise set at 72 and not drop a gear.

Let me have a go at it and it will run even better!

Hell I can’t get any mileage outta this either but I’m doing my damndest to blow it up too.

Yeah DD don't have camshaft issues that is why our engine parts shop buys them for $500 at auction all day long. Maybe they are $500 because there is so little demand for parts from a reliability standpoint that nobody needs them? or..... they are a steaming pile of chit.

Ok, you have a problem with them, the rest of the world not, what is the reason ?

Because the rest of the world sends the drivers they don't want to America, and they can tear up anything....

Chris

Hell I can’t get any mileage outta this either but I’m doing my damndest to blow it up too.

So, maybe the Pete is fine. Definitely sounds like your drivinLOL

Don't mix coolant, and sure as hell don't add foreign objects.
bcb2ae1e38d94f86f632876e716d722d.jpg
eb9cafa3588783dd9027ad0e7194f660.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

So, maybe the Pete is fine. Definitely sounds like your drivinLOL

Just kidding. I don’t know what it’s supposed to get but I got 6.4 out of it on the way to PA.

The maxxforce/MAN/CT13 we have apart in the shop also has a pressed together camshaft. I'm at a loss what manufacturing advantage that poses. The lobes still have to be lapped, whether it's on a stick or not?

The maxxforce/MAN/CT13 we have apart in the shop also has a pressed together camshaft. I'm at a loss what manufacturing advantage that poses. The lobes still have to be lapped, whether it's on a stick or not?

Well you know it’s not for quality. They’re not even pressed on. From what I’ve read I guess they slide them on a pipe and hydraulically expand the pipe between the lobes.

But it’s a non issue anyway because Leiffi said the cams on a Detroit aren’t an issue. His guy said so and the Maxxforce is European and everything from that side of the planet flawless.

They’re like the rockers on a 6.0L Powerstroke. They look like something someone threw together at the last minute from scrap.

Back