Truckers, lets see your rigs!

The maxxforce/MAN/CT13 we have apart in the shop also has a pressed together camshaft. I'm at a loss what manufacturing advantage that poses. The lobes still have to be lapped, whether it's on a stick or not?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Hollow camshaft is for low rotating mass. Maybe slso because durability, shaft and lobes can be made from materials better suited for application.

Last edited:
Because you guys don't go anywhere or put any miles on them?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
at what mileage they usually fail ? After million kilometres they are usually exported so hard to say if they fail after that. I have not talked to any central-asians or arabs about the subject.

Well that's pretty much who's driving them here...

Chris

Lmao, a truer statement has never been said. In Detroit you can bet your life savings if you see a guy wearing an Adidas track suit he’s driving a Volvo with the giant VOLVO sticker above the window. Or a FL with the light up Michelin men on the mirrors.

Last edited:
Thankfully, not many haul flatbed, so we don't get to deal with them, but the've started shipping our compacts in here in vans...now we get a few. Not fun.

Chris

Stayin legit for the dealer "techs" out there

Maybe not

I love fresh paint. I think Caterpillar yellow is my most favorite color.

What do you paint the motors with, spray cans or a spray gun? I bought a gallon of Cat yellow to paint my motor but looking for insight on how to cut it. Thinner and hardner.

What do you paint the motors with, spray cans or a spray gun? I bought a gallon of Cat yellow to paint my motor but looking for insight on how to cut it. Thinner and hardner.
Spray cans normally, I've got a bucket of Cat paint but never used it. I used a gun on one of my other trucks engines, I could have dipped it in the bucket and not had more runs. Last 2 were powder coated.

Yea. That ws cans. I had stripped everything though. Came out pretty good. We've used the cans when paintin cabs, buckets, counterweights ect. Should say on the can what the mix is

Attachments

• 20180122_114139.jpg
    20180122_114139.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 0
We get paid to update every ecm with an outstanding PIP. Just to ruin your life. #yourdealeristhedevil

And your wheel seals started leaking because we hooked a laptop to it, not the other way around. Truckers.....

Back