In-Frame Piston Mods

I don't think there is a fix. The PCM see's lock up and wants to get you to your top gear right away. That's why most install a shifter or get really good with the stalk.

It's kind of a bummer and controllers are freaking expensive!

I don't think there is a fix. The PCM see's lock up and wants to get you to your top gear right away. That's why most install a shifter or get really good with the stalk.

It's kind of a bummer and controllers are freaking expensive!

I think I'm going to rewire my lockup switch so it it becomes a 3 position switch for normal PCM controlled, no lockup in the middle position, and forced lockup with zero wiring back to the PCM. Perhaps if it can't see that the solenoid is engaged, it won't mess with the governor solenoid and cause a short shift...

Fri Feb 20th is the next $15 midnight mayhem. There is also a regular $50 test n tune on Saturday Feb 14th, Valentines Day!!!!

I think I'm going to rewire my lockup switch so it it becomes a 3 position switch for normal PCM controlled, no lockup in the middle position, and forced lockup with zero wiring back to the PCM. Perhaps if it can't see that the solenoid is engaged, it won't mess with the governor solenoid and cause a short shift...

I was thinking about trying that too with a couple solenoids. Let me know how it works out for you.

I think I would have used a brake cylinder hone to put a nicer final finish on those bowls. :hehe:

Keep up the inspiring work. :cool:

Mark.

I plan on not using this engine for very long so I went full retard in a sense. Bowl measures 65-66 mm diameter. Should be a good drop in compression.

image_zpsxeianuzv.jpg

Here's my latest time slip and track video, so far the in-frame piston mods are holding up fine!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLmsO4AEtMg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLmsO4AEtMg[/ame]

Timeslip%2012.7%20%20106_zpsnds0wkin.jpg

Closeup:
Timeslip%2012.6%20%20105_zpsvvjjn9zv.jpg

I plan on not using this engine for very long so I went full retard in a sense. Bowl measures 65-66 mm diameter. Should be a good drop in compression.

image_zpsxeianuzv.jpg

WOW!!! You definitely got aggressive with the in-frame piston bowl work going after the center dome profile!!! I can't wait to hear back on how it works.

Back