Opinions on twin setup

lorendiesel5.9

OG Hunnybadger
What's spoolup and driveability like on a s363/68 over a s491/96? What a/r exhaust housings would/did you use? Gonna go on a ppump 24valve with enough fuel and a drop in cam.

Sent from my BB 9650 while enjoying air ride and country music

use the 92mm turbine that way you actually have choices in your a/r for the turbine side other than that nasty 1.32. but other than that It would be a sweet setup depending on waste gates and exhaust housings. personally I would do a .91 on the 63 (if you are staying t4) and a 1.10 on the 91 and have them both gated for 75-80 psi.

I am not for certain but I recall Jose indicating the 92mm turbine may be at its limits with anything over an 82mm compressor but hopefully he will chime in. 91 is a fricken huge turbo hope you have some lofty power goals!

I am not for certain but I recall Jose indicating the 92mm turbine may be at its limits with anything over an 82mm compressor but hopefully he will chime in. 91 is a fricken huge turbo hope you have some lofty power goals!

I did some searching but couldn't find Jose coming out and saying it right up however I found this nugget.

The turbine efficiency is higher with those turbines, but total flow with the 87 is less. The 92 turbine flow is less as well if the turbines are in their proper castings. Now once you drop a small housing on the 96 it will flow a little less then the 92 with the smaller castings is what we have seen from testing. The 96 is simply choked down to much in the smaller castings. The inducer of the blades is almost hanging into the scroll area which causes problems with caudal at high shaft rpms.

I'm shooting for an even 500hp at the wheels.

use the 92mm turbine that way you actually have choices in your a/r for the turbine side other than that nasty 1.32. but other than that It would be a sweet setup depending on waste gates and exhaust housings. personally I would do a .91 on the 63 (if you are staying t4) and a 1.10 on the 91 and have them both gated for 75-80 psi.

Well turbo I'm thinking about already has the 88/96 wheel on it. What about running a spool flange?

ah didnt know you already had the turbo, they make machined housings for the 96 and a few company's have spool valves for t6 chargers but they are usually half the cost of a new charger.

ah didnt know you already had the turbo, they make machined housings for the 96 and a few company's have spool valves for t6 chargers but they are usually half the cost of a new charger.

I don't have one yet but found a used one for cheap.

Well get some pricing before you jump on it I have been surprised before on what some of this stuff costs new and you may end up spending more money in the long run to get something to work how you want than it would have cost to get what you needed at first.

Last edited:
I'm shooting for an even 500hp at the wheels.

Only 500 at the wheels? Am I missing sarcasm or something? If that is right then you don't even need to be looking at compounds unless you're after something else they bring to the table.

I did some searching but couldn't find Jose coming out and saying it right up however I found this nugget.

We can support the 82/83mm wheel, but haven't really tried going much above that. I believe once you reach the 125lbs/min mark on comp flow, its time to move up to the 96mm turbine wheel. The 92mm wheel stalls around ~58lbs/min of turbine flow with a T6 1.25A/R housing.

Here you go. Obviously a 91mm inducer should be a bit above 125lbs/min.

Hot dang! You done did find er and yes sarcasm was used but only sarcastically improper use of sarcasm is serious business or is it.

Only 500 at the wheels? Am I missing sarcasm or something? If that is right then you don't even need to be looking at compounds unless you're after something else they bring to the table.

haha

Well get some pricing before you jump on it I have been surprised before on what some of this stuff costs new and you may end up spending more money in the long run to get something to work how you want than it would have cost to get what you needed at first.

I don't need anymore than an hx35 but what I want weellll. . . . .

Goals dangit figure out what you want so you can take the steps to achieve them. Other wise you are pissing into the wind.

If you remember my truck I could never get over 500hp so if this build gets me 500> minimum I'll be happy anything else is for killing tires.

Back