I'll finally be a made man

Congrats again Pete! Funny thing is, they keep telling me to expect to pick up while here at the Wounded Warrior West... they must feel bad for us here and give us pitty promos haha... grunts don't pick up.:hehe:

USMC Staff Sergeant selection board let out last week and I got selected. After spending almost 4 years as a Sergeant I couldn't be more happy. Hopefully I will get good news this time next year as well because this will be my first time eligible to submit to become a Warrant Officer.

Congrats!

E-6 seems to be the most difficult to reach with all the services... took me 7yrs to reach Tech [AF]. (Though changing career fields twice didn't help.)

Friendly advice>>> If you plan to stay for the 20+, go W/O. I cant speak to the M C, but just from a retirement stand point, you'd be foolish not to. I only wish the AF still had them.

Cheers & Beers!! :Cheer:

Congrats Pete !! That is great. Good luck. You should most definitely go for the W/O commission.

Congrates on the promotion and ditto on going Warrant, go for it man.

I made CWO4 last year and couldn't be happier, you guy's, the Marine Corps, I believe can actully go to CWO5 which we don''t have we max out at CWO4 :(

Again congrates and don't sit on the promotion to long, instead keep pushing yourself for the bigger pension :)

BBD

my old ships BOSN just made CWO5, he makes more than the captain haha. i get my commissioning here soon, im excited for that pay raise :Cheer:

Well I got good news the other day, the USMC Staff Sergeant selection board let out last week and I got selected. This wont be a big deal to some but this is one of the big promotions in the Marine Corps. After spending almost 4 years as a Sergeant I couldn't be more happy. Hopefully I will get good news this time next year as well because this will be my first time eligible to submit to become a Warrant Officer.

congrats on the promotion, my buddy just may staff also. at least yall dont have to take stupid tests like we do haha

Congrats. I got 3 more years before I'm even eligible for E6, probably 5 before I make it lol. Enjoy the nice pay bump :D

What exactly do WO's do? Those grades have my whole career field mystified. I keep hearing they are mostly helicopter pilots.

lol, are you supposed to salute WO's? We work with a lot of army folks, and see them occasionally. We never know what to do though.

congrats on the promotion, my buddy just may staff also. at least yall dont have to take stupid tests like we do haha
Thanks man and Congrats on the upcoming commissioning. I wish we did have to take the tests, it would help hold some back that don't deserve it.
Congrats. I got 3 more years before I'm even eligible for E6, probably 5 before I make it lol. Enjoy the nice pay bump :D

What exactly do WO's do? Those grades have my whole career field mystified. I keep hearing they are mostly helicopter pilots.
The pay raise was only actually right under $200 a month but this summer it will be another $200 so that will be nice. For us a WO is considered a subject matter expert. For us you have to have at least 7 years time in service and at least an E5. Usually guys are a little farther along though.
Just about every MOS has a warrant floating around somewhere. As far as I know, all chopper pilots are warrants.
Only certain MOS's are feeders for the WO program for us. Usually infantry, maintenance, and technical MOS's, no pilots at all for us though.

Back