I'll finally be a made man

2141pete

Hell I dont know
Well I got good news the other day, the USMC Staff Sergeant selection board let out last week and I got selected. This wont be a big deal to some but this is one of the big promotions in the Marine Corps. After spending almost 4 years as a Sergeant I couldn't be more happy. Hopefully I will get good news this time next year as well because this will be my first time eligible to submit to become a Warrant Officer.

Thanks man they are all big but this seems to be one of the most important for us. I have a bit to wait and stay out of trouble. My number is 1771 out of about 5100 so however long it takes to get there. I have been up and down about the WO thing but I will never know unless they give me a look and I have been waiting to see. For us it is a minimum of Sergeant E5 and 8 years time in service. This years WO selections were let out right before the Staff Sergeant board. I will hit my eight year mark exactly one year today so I will make it in by a few months on the next one.

Congrats SSgt (select)!!! Definitely a big promo. If you have a chance to become a WO, do it! If you're gonna be an azzhole, its better to be one of the azzholes in charge.

Congrates on the promotion and ditto on going Warrant, go for it man.

I made CWO4 last year and couldn't be happier, you guy's, the Marine Corps, I believe can actully go to CWO5 which we don''t have we max out at CWO4 :(

Again congrates and don't sit on the promotion to long, instead keep pushing yourself for the bigger pension :)

BBD

Thanks a bunch guys I appreciate it. I appreciate all the thanks too but I don't do it for that. I try to keep it a secret but this is the easiest job I have ever had lol. I would take this over bucking bales or running a backhoe anyday!
Congrats! And THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROTECTING OUR COUNTRY!

Congrats SSgt (select)!!! Definitely a big promo. If you have a chance to become a WO, do it! If you're gonna be an azzhole, its better to be one of the azzholes in charge.

X 2 :Cheer:

Congrats Pete! Thank you for what you do!

Congrates on the promotion and ditto on going Warrant, go for it man.

I made CWO4 last year and couldn't be happier, you guy's, the Marine Corps, I believe can actully go to CWO5 which we don''t have we max out at CWO4 :(

Again congrates and don't sit on the promotion to long, instead keep pushing yourself for the bigger pension :)

BBD
Thanks Sir, I plan to at least get a look for the WO board. We can still go to CWO5 but the space for that is few and far between. My goal is actually to get to CWO3 then put in to be comissioned as a Captain.

Thanks Sir, I plan to at least get a look for the WO board. We can still go to CWO5 but the space for that is few and far between. My goal is actually to get to CWO3 then put in to be comissioned as a Captain.

That's pretty sweet, we have a Warrant to Lt program but who want to go to the bottom of the food chain, Now Capt that's different :)

Good to see you have a goal in mind :Cheer:

BBD

Congratulations Pete. Staff Sergeant Slayden has a good ring to it. You thinking about going to the school house at all? Most of the 21xx WOs have instructor time.

Congrads Pete, I am sure the higher pay grade will be a benfit with the new little one. Thank you for you service to a great full nation.

Congratulation Pete

Thanks Bob, maybe now I can afford a newer truck to run a smarty.

That's pretty sweet, we have a Warrant to Lt program but who want to go to the bottom of the food chain, Now Capt that's different :)

Good to see you have a goal in mind :Cheer:

BBD
Yeah it seems to be a good idea to me. A year ago I would have never admitted it outloud. I wanted to be a crusty old Master Gunnery Sergeant someday, but I like being in charge and good retirment money too much lol.

Thanks

Congratulations Pete. Staff Sergeant Slayden has a good ring to it. You thinking about going to the school house at all? Most of the 21xx WOs have instructor time.

Thanks Joe, some do but it seems like a sucessful tour on I&I duty seems to help alot too.

Congrads Pete, I am sure the higher pay grade will be a benfit with the new little one. Thank you for you service to a great full nation.

it will definetley help stay comfortable!

KICK A$$... im so glad I'm retired!!!! no more promotion boards.. my E-5 board back in the day was cake though.. I was in Iraq in 03 and my CSM asked what the purpose of my M-4 was and I told him for killing Iraqi's he laughed his A$$ off and said you pass!!!!

A little late, but hey I'm in trashcanistan and the internet is slow here... Regardless, congrats indeed Pete! :Cheer: Good luck with Warrant Officer as well!

Still hope your truck is for sale when I get back. :bigsmile: Not sure whats going one with that or what, haven't been on in quite a while. :aiwebs_027:

Well it seems like it took FOREVER but is stayed out of trouble and yesterday was the big day! I think the biggest adjustment so far is answering the phone at work and not demoting myself LOL

Back