12v build! Help!

AustinRife

Well I'm building a 12v to put in my 2000 2500 gasser. So far the parts lists is
370 marine injectors
"Built" Ve Pump (sucks ik)
Gna be building a twin ram intake
3.5 piping
Better flowing intercooler
60# valve springs
Marine bowl pistons
3pc manifold
Head ported and polished
Built tranny of course with triple disc converter.
Of course from that list is missing a turbo. Wanna run a single. Gna be a daily driver. Maybe few tracks hits just to get numbers. And hardly any pulling of any.
Want a pretty quick spool with about 40-50psi. Head studs also. The motor is under constriction right now. So everything in it is GMA be new. Just want a depemdable daily driver. Thanks! Any input will help!

I just need help with a turbo choice. Not really brand. But sizes. But really power goals not sure. What should it be making. I'm just going along. Trying to make it a dependable dd that I can have fun in.

I would think a BW 62/65 would be a good charger. Be a good jump into twins down the road. Or if you want twins keep an eye open for a ht3b or a 72ish mm turbo to come up for sale. A lot of deals can be found on this site.

If you want to hit higher boost numbers, you should not port and polish your head, you should restrict flow and add fuel!

Not real new in the building the motor part. But heads yes. So what would it be good if I restricted the air flow. I always though more flow=better? 62/65. What size compressor

Yes it is happening. Just call a shop. Have them talk you into whatever. Btw a 62/65 is a 62

Not real new in the building the motor part. But heads yes. So what would it be good if I restricted the air flow. I always though more flow=better? 62/65. What size compressor

Lol Cornelius is being an ass. That's the sarcastic route in saying that boost is merely a measure of resistance, therefore a ported and polished head would make less boost because airflow would be improved.

What's all done to your built VE?

63/68 billit.

Or you can roll some real colen with a 467.

Whatcha want to do with the truck dog?

:( nice. Make Me feel like a dumba. Ha figured most of u guys have more experience then me so just trying to.pick up on things.
But back to it. I've been looking at wicked wheels. Right now the stocky is a hx35. I was thinking of using that or a hx40 with a wicked wheel 2 and a 14 housing. Thoughts?

:( nice. Make Me feel like a dumba. Ha figured most of u guys have more experience then me so just trying to.pick up on things.
But back to it. I've been looking at wicked wheels. Right now the stocky is a hx35. I was thinking of using that or a hx40 with a wicked wheel 2 and a 14 housing. Thoughts?

Skip the HX40

Really no idea. Bought the motor. Friend of mine knew the guy I bought it from and said the guy built it. No idea how much or anything. Just know its supposed to be built pretty much to the max. He pulled with it.

Really no idea. Bought the motor. Friend of mine knew the guy I bought it from and said the guy built it. No idea how much or anything. Just know its supposed to be built pretty much to the max. He pulled with it.

Eh the amount of power "most" guys can get out of a VE you wouldn't need a built engine. So saying that it was used in a puller doesn't mean anything was changed on the inside. You could have a stock engine with studs lol

Edit: sorry thought you were talking about a built engine not VE pump

Last edited:
I met the ve was built not motor. Also is bored 40 over. Whether that .matters. OK anyways turbos. So no hx40. Would the hx35 be plenty to clear up the black smoke a Lil.

Back