12v build! Help!

It sounds like a 62 will be fine for what you want. Read some threads on here about choosing the right turbo. There's probably about 4.247 million of them.... The search bar is back up there ^^^

I met the ve was built not motor. Also is bored 40 over. Whether that .matters. OK anyways turbos. So no hx40. Would the hx35 be plenty to clear up the black smoke a Lil.

More than running naturally aspirated would haha

Dude you really gotta figure out what your VE pump is putting out for fuel first. We can't help you with these questions because they are all hypothetical. You're pump could flow 1000cc at 5000 rpm (not) and you have no idea, and if that was the case, no, an HX35 will not clear up the smoke.

OP, I think you should stick with the VE pump and a 62 or 63, somewhere in that territory. VE's drive great, start when it's really cold, and make great low end torque. They get good mileage too. Just do the basic upgrades, maybe some 14mm lines, injectors, intercooler, and a turbo and you'll be happy for sure.

Lol Cornelius is being an ass. That's the sarcastic route in saying that boost is merely a measure of resistance, therefore a ported and polished head would make less boost because airflow would be improved.

Hey now! He said he wanted big boost numbers. I wasn't lying! ha ha

You find any information from the builder about your VE? He may have said built with just a 3800 spring and the fuel screw fully cranked down. I'd suggest getting the timing advance spacer from m&h, if it's not already installed. Better lift pump too! Don't rely on the factory VE lift pump to do a dang thing besides supply 1psi or create a restriction at full load...

I was actually suggesting the 63.

The 370's are at 155* or 145*?

Find out about your pump x1000, a gv spring and pin is a build pump to some people.

Last edited:
Alright thanks guys! And I wanna keep the ve pump BC every one else goes to p pump and I wanna be different. Haha

But here's another topic. My trucks a gasser. Me and my dad and a my brother in law. A Cummins enthusyist was all thinking the stock fuel pump in the truck now should be enough to suppply the ve pump. We wee thinking of just running a regulator on it to the right psj and doing it that way.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179384

ht3b compound set up fs

dont be afraid to search google , you can search the forum using google too. search something simple like ve dyno numbers and pay attention to peoples set ups and sigs 99% of the time people have no problem telling you what they run . you really cant get a proper recomendation without providing more info.. normally you'll size chargers based on an end goal. what is the power level you want to be at ? how do you want the truck to behave ?

Depending on what is "built" in the pump, don't expect more than 350 at the rear wheels. For 90% of VE trucks a great upgrade is 351 off of a late model 5.9 common rail. They can be found cheap and they are basically a bolt on for our trucks. That would give you a good base to build a set of compounds once you iron out all the little stuff.

Not sure if the gas pump would work.

Back