1st Gen compound build

Shaky93

Hey everyone. Thought I'd share a picture or 2 of my latest creation

92e8daefa82d3711d346b4b83a63fc03.jpg

The truck is a 93 w250, sporting a maxed out 12mm ve with 4200rpm gov. spring and mh timing spacer, 80lpm 6x.013s from The Hungry Diesel, HVLP lift pump from THD, snow stage 2 water meth, headstuds ,fluidampr, a Hamilton 182/214 cam, Hamilton HD pushrods, tappets, and valvesprings.

Turbos are sitting on a steedspeed manifold with external waste gate. Now running an s362sxe and s475.

Also running an old style valair ceramic dual disk on an nv4500

Interior sports a full compliment of ISSPRO ev2s

554827741599f862c59e71e8879c84df.jpg

35ebf3cbca8f96675aa481e76b3be69e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was about to say, 60psi may not be quiet enough for what those hairdryers are capable of.

I'm running just the S362fmw from Eric and have personally seen it hit 50psi. I've been running a balls out 12mm built by Giles at Performance Diesel Injection for almost 4 years now and since early last year, slightly smaller injectors than yours, honed 370s flowing 75lpm, equivalent to about a 5x.016.

Over the last few months, I've pulled and rebuilt the motor. It got treated well; Hamilton 182-214, 1.45" tappets, 165lbs. springs and HD push rods.

How long have you been running the Steed manifold? Was there a noticeable difference? I was tempted to go that route but didn't know if there was enough to gain to justify the cost on a VE motor.

Haha yeah. I've layed it well past 60. Very nice. You've got a nice setup going on I'm really curious what yours will dyno.

I've got high expectations from this 362sxe. I'm running a .7 non gated housing on it. I'm trying to really take advantage of these compounds, so the 362 is basically instant spool then the external gate and 475 get to play lol from what little test driving I've gotten to do the ve and that cam work well together.

The manifold went on with the compounds so I really don't have anything to compare it to.

I'll say nice build again.

What's up with the blonde in the prom looking dress??

Last edited:
Mine has the .70 gated housing but because I have a manual transmission. If I decide to run compounds in the future, I think I'd opt for an external gate.

I'm anxious to get it back up and running. I've heard the 182-214 is a good match to a VE. My pump has a 3800rpm spring in it.

Do you have any drive pressure figures with that setup?

I think I may still want a Steed but I just bought a house so it may be a while now lol.

Just do yourself a favor and order one lol you'll love it.

No I don't. I've got the gauge wired in but don't have the plumbing done. I was in a hurry to get it to a local car show lol

Back