1st Gen compound build

Other than the hood stack, she's a sleeper. I like it.
Thanks! It's moving from my dd to more of a toy now, there's a new drag strip going in about 20 minutes from me and they are putting in a dirt drag and pulling track on the grounds. So I thought the hood stack would be fitting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

242f139c48fca20ef9d66068afc9ea8f.jpg

No more slipping intercooler boots for me.

Nice work !
Thank you! Unfortunately it's gonna be down for awhile. Had the old s363 fail on me and got it back together with an sxe362 and fired it up yesterday to find out I've got no oil pressure...

Really no oil pressure? 1st Feb oil sending units aren't known for their reliability.

Sorry to hear it's hurt.

Really no oil pressure? 1st Feb oil sending units aren't known for their reliability.

Sorry to hear it's hurt.
Yeah I didn't beieve it either. I have an isspro ev2 oil pressure gauge for that reason but I had the sender in the 2nd port on top of the filter base, and I hadn't gotten around to plumbing it in after I got my piping finished, I just wanted to test drive it and my dash gauge had always been spot on so I figured it'd be fine for the short duration, well whilst driving it I lost oil pressure on the dash so I thought the sender finally gave out, then about 100 yards from my driveway I lost the s363, so fast forward to yesterday I put the isspro sender in the factory Location bolted my new sxe362 on and fired it up, still read 0, unbolted the s475 and started it right quick and had no oil coming out the feed....

Ouch sorry to hear that, I have been follow your build waiting on your test reports. I hope not too much damage occured.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

Wow, what a bummer! Hope you get it figured out. Is the filter plugged and the internal bypass valve not opening?

Ouch sorry to hear that, I have been follow your build waiting on your test reports. I hope not too much damage occured.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw
It's been under the knife sense February definitely discouraging to have this happen. Gonna start pulling it down tomorrow and check out the carnage. Definitely unexpected as its always carried awesome oil pressure

Wow, what a bummer! Hope you get it figured out. Is the filter plugged and the internal bypass valve not opening?
I am not sure yet, it's an lf3894 fleetguard so highly unlikely but possible. My engine needs a reseal so looks like it's getting pulled down and checked out a little sooner than anticipated.

Might be worth a look at your lube oil pump. Verify the gear rotor still turns. A new one would be cheap insurance on that motor.

Might be worth a look at your lube oil pump. Verify the gear rotor still turns. A new one would be cheap insurance on that motor.
Yeah for sure there, I'm most likely just gonna overhaul the whole thing while it's out of the truck, I've got a few things that I'd like to give a try so it should get interesting, wasn't planning on doing it this soon though so it may be a more mild build this go around. Depends how this harvest goes.

Back