Military Hummer H1 weel/tire to lifted RAm 2500?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Will the original military HMMV M998 (Hummer H1) 16.5 wheels with 37-12.5.16,6 tires fit to lifted Dodge Ram 2500 (2nd gen)?

The bolt battern and wheel center hole is the same, but wheel backspace are different.

H1 backspace-> 7 inch
Ram '94-02 steel wheel ->4.75 inch
Ram 00-02 aluminum wheel -> 6.25

My truck front axle is from 00 Ram and I have total 6 inch lift , with aftermarket 20 inch wheels (4 5/8 backspace) and 37 inch tires I have no clearence problems.

I think H1 wheels might hit the control arms in full turn position.

Any ideas, suggsestions ? ??

I have a set of those tires in the barn. They rub the plastic fender liner on the rear and control arms on the front. This was on my 96 at stock height.

I have seen them on a 2nd gen Dodge before, but I was driving down the road so I didn't get to ask the guy whether he used spacers or how he did it.

You might try the dually spacers if you have a lot of rubbing issues?

You might try recentering the wheel too? A lot of people do that so that they get the double beadlock advantage and a more normal backspacing.

I just put a set of H1 beadlocks and 37" Goodyear mt's on my truck with 6in total lift. They rub a little on the control arms at full lock and sit in a little more than i wanted. a set of spacers should fix both of those problems.

DSC02161.jpg

Thanks, this is information what I need

ARS267, what year truck you have?

How much they stick out from fenders?

my truck is a '96. They sit pretty flush with the fenders, if anything they sit in a little.

You can kind of tell from this angle...
DSC02166.jpg

ARS267 :thankyou2:

Looks like wheel offset will be perfect for me.

Wit my current wheels 20x10 and 37 tires, they stick out too much, total with 85 inch, but officaly is allowed 79 inch (thanks to stupid EURO rules)

With H1 wheels it will be around 80 inch.:rockwoot:

i was runnin them on my truck for a while with just a leveling kit. they did rub on the control arms at full turn like ars267 was sayin. dident really have any problems with them other than when i was first runnin them they still had the hutchinson run flats in them. its was like 165lbs wheel/tire combo. here are some more pics.

CAMERA003.jpg

CAMERA006.jpg

so you thinking about runnin steel or some aluminium h1 wheels? the steel ones are pretty heavy. i've got one at my house i can weigh (non bead lock). when i pulled the tire off it i remember that it weighed more than a normal 16.5 wheel.

Did any of you guys take the beadlock part out yourself? What a pain in the ass...we ended up cutting through one side of the rubber so we could get it out. Somehow they are supposedly folded and removed with a machine in one piece...

Did any of you guys take the beadlock part out yourself? What a pain in the ass...we ended up cutting through one side of the rubber so we could get it out. Somehow they are supposedly folded and removed with a machine in one piece...

CAMERA036.jpg

were your inserts like this? what i ended up doing was putting a ratchet strap around the doughnut ao it kinda shaped like a bannana then i hooked one end to the cherry picker to hold it up. sprayed it down in soapy water and pushed the tire off the doughnut. it was a pain, thats for sure!

Try to find a set of 24 bolt beadlocks with the 37x12.50 Baja Project T/A's, 37x12.50 Wrangler MT/R's, or Marine Corp Special Forces 36x12.50 Super Swamper SX's.......You may get lucky and catch some coming back from Iraq.....

I'm sure your going to be getting your from one of the US military bases in Europe so your most likely going to end up with 37x12.50 Wrangler double "V"'s mounted on 8 bolt wheels, you might get lucky and find a set of 12 bolt ones though.......i recommend staying away from the OLD bias ply mud terrains.....they havent been used in years and most are probably dry rotted or starting to seperate, plus they ride horrible.....

also look around for civilian H1 wheels, they had some nices ones from the factory.....

If you guy's need centers for thies wheels i have them for sale. Also can install the centers (witch puts the back spacing in the correct place) PM me if interested and for more options.

Swalldog,

Those look similar, but they are not the same. There was no way in hell I would have been able to fold the ones in mine, or at least I thought not.

What are you guy's payn for the hummer wheels?

Mine were $149 for the wheels plus $83 shipping. The wheels were in terrible cosmetic shape when i got them, but after 2 days of sandblasting the 5 different colors off the re spraying them they look pretty nice.

After it was all said and done I had $498 in my wheel/tire set-up and a little elbow grease to make them look nice.

CAMERA036.jpg

were your inserts like this? what i ended up doing was putting a ratchet strap around the doughnut ao it kinda shaped like a bannana then i hooked one end to the cherry picker to hold it up. sprayed it down in soapy water and pushed the tire off the doughnut. it was a pain, thats for sure!

Funny thing is that's the same way minus the cherry picker, we have to take them off in the Marines too. They're a PITA to deal with, but they're the 25 mile an hour runflats. Instead of the cherry picker we lay them flat on the ground, use the ratchet strap, and then take a 6 foot long breaker bar to pry them off.

The reason the offsets so deep, is that on the actual military version HMMWV, and probably the H1's too, the brakes are located in the center of the vehicle, between the offset control arms, to allow for better clearance. The only thing on the inside of those rims is a giant geared hub assy, since the CV shafts coming into the tires are also off centered. Spacers would probably work on pushing those rims out, to keep them from rubbing on the control arms of the truck.

Back