Military Hummer H1 weel/tire to lifted RAm 2500?

While doing a little research about these, I came across this article :http://www.pirate4x4.com/articles/tech/billavista/PR-Hummer_Rims

His way of cutting the beadlock insert seemed like a good idea to make them easy to install. Has anyone tied this?

I'd really consider a set if I could get them re-centered and get the backspacing to a reasonable amount.

Yes i recenter the h1 wheels. Would you like a set? I have a set that i can recenter for you. Just have to let me know what back spacing you want. The price is 600$ + shiping

I'd love to have a set, but since I'm not working right now I can't afford them at the moment. I'll keep that in mind for when I get some money though.

Help I have a Question

I own a 2005 dodge ram 2500 SLT 4X4 5.9L Cummins. My Question is will Hummer H1 37-12.5-R16 wheels and tires fit on my truck and clear with out a lift kit. I have no leveling kit or suspension lift on my truck, it currently sits stock and I have no intention of lifting it at this time. will these wheels and tires fit on my truck?????:nail:

No. 35" tall is about as big as you can fit on stock non-lifted Dodge Ram. And by fit, I mean they still rub a little at full lock but fit well otherwise.

I own a 2005 dodge ram 2500 SLT 4X4 5.9L Cummins. My Question is will Hummer H1 37-12.5-R16 wheels and tires fit on my truck and clear with out a lift kit. I have no leveling kit or suspension lift on my truck, it currently sits stock and I have no intention of lifting it at this time. will these wheels and tires fit on my truck?????:nail:

nothing smaller than 17" rims will fit.. 37's will fit just barely with a leveling kit and 35's will fit no prob..

nothing smaller than 17" rims will fit.. 37's will fit just barely with a leveling kit and 35's will fit no prob..

so a 16.5 in rim will not fit at all.... ok.... is there anything I can do to allow Hummer H1 wheels and tires to work on my 2005 dodge ram 2500 even if I get a leveling kit....

Before you say they will not fit, they might. The H1 rims do not have the dip in the rim to aid in mounting because they are split rims. With as far as the offset is, you could run dually spacers and some bushwacker fender flairs.

16.5" will fit but as said you have to grind the calipers a bit to make them fit, Had a buddy give me his set of weld rims and them picked up the humvee tires for $300 for 5 tires

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 65
At work we take them out all the time. One of my buddies uses a special ratchet strap that you can tighten with in impact gun so the the runflat is really skinny then wd40s the crap out of it and prys it out. The easiest way i ever seen was to chain it to a engine hoist, have a couple guys stand on the tire, wd40 it, lift it out wile the guys are jumpin up and down on it. Comes right out.

I got my 2 inch Leveling kit installed, and I got in my 2 inch wheel spacers the other day. With the 2 inch wheel spacers I can Fit a Chevrolet 16 inch rim and it dosent come close to touching the calipers in the rear. Im pretty shure that a 16.5 inch wheel will clear the calipers by about a centameter or two. Also if I did my math right my 37 inch hummer tires will clear with about 6 inches to spare. I was told that military hummer 37 inch tires were actually only about 36 inches tall. I had a buddy of mine who ran 36 inch hummer tires and he said one day he pulled up next to a buddy of his who ran 35's and his hummer tire was about a centameter smaller than the 35's. But hey if it works I shold have some pics up by by next weekend....

well guys and gals this is my finished product, My Dodge Ram 2500 sittin on 37 inch hummer tires with 16.5 inch rims. 5 Hummer wheels and 5 Tires for 550 dollars, sorry it took me so long to get the pics posted.... Hope yall enjoy, I know I shure do...

downsized_1124091211.jpg

downsized_1124091213.jpg

downsized_1124091215.jpg

downsized_1124091212a.jpg

Thanks guys.... They are awsome and really not loud at all. kinda weired my BF Goodwrench Mud tires were louder. and here is the spookey part I have no room for wheel weights on the inside of the rim so I cant balance them the conventional way, so I was going to sand bag them. well I put the wheels and tires togather before I got sand bags. im still running them with out sand bags and and weights and there is no problem i have not had to balance a single one of them. when they are cold you feel a small shimmey but when they get warm you cand stop them. I have yet to get this truck stuck any where!!!!!!:st:

RAm 2500 Combat with 24-bolt H1 wheels

163_0304_com_s+dodge_ram_combatt+front_side_view.jpg

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/ultimate/163_0304_commercial_camo_trucks/combatt.html

I have h1's on my second gen. No fitment issues what so ever. I'm using a 1/4" plate spacer ring on each corner but they cleared without it. They do rub at full steering lock, but actually less than 35" BFG AT's on 3rd gen steel wheels did.

3rd gen center caps fit and look *****en, if I do say so myself.

IMG_0097.jpg
:rockwoot:

Back