47rh is slow to lock up tq converter

Dang it if I get to close with the camera it flips the pic sideways when I post. In this pick below i drilled the max size hole Trans go recommended

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
One more. I went to the max or little bigger than Trans go recommends on this hole. I've had the vb apart a few times. Each time I drilled the holes bigger to see how it would run. I think this affects lock up as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0
Wow, interesting thread. My DTT has done the same thing for years. I've learned to drive around it, but it would be nice to fix it one of these days.

I can't remember what all they were pitching, but I remember one valve body was aimed at hauling live stock by not shifting or locking harshly. Makes me wonder what I got.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I got a feeling that a lot of these problems are related to the valve body. Maybe the mods they were using at the time, or the age of the parts themselves now. My builder has been trying to get me to do an upgraded valve body for awhile, but money has been real tight.
The DTT single disc converter had a weak lockup clutch, but it was still a vast improvement over the stocker

Anyone know how these things work with pressure, as in does pressure depend on RPM and lugging the motor in lockup cause slip?
Ive got an upgraded pump from a 48RE thats all I remember.

My single disk doesn't have a damper spring at all. Just a block and it locks firm. I thought the I read somewhere that the pump is making the majority of its pressure around 2k rpms and up. I read about a break-over TV lever bponci made that ramped up line pressure earlier . I want to make a break-over TV lever sometime.

Back