NADM @ Weekend on the EDGE.... SEPT 4th & 5th Utah

OK, thanks for the info. We will be running #2 only, but have no problem with others running what they want. I will race 1/8 or 1/4 mile, depending on the vote.

Pro street is always a 1/8 and that because it's what the racers request. Running the 1/4 is too hard on parts and most would rather race than break. Another reason is to keep the speed down. Many are pushing 130mph as it is and if you were to let everyone run NOS and the 1/4.... the danger is increased. A parachute would be required and many don't have them.

Clean diesel challenge is something fun to do. There's not been enough trucks to sign up for it and previous events so it hasn't really taken off. If at this race enough sign up.... they will have it.

You don't need a chute till you break 150 mph at least by NHRA rules if I'm not mistaken. Not many prostreet trucks hitting 150, I know of one. Malcolm in the 24valve chevy. When you say 130 you talking 1/8 mile? None out west, and very unlikely at the elevation we will be at.

1/8 mile is definitely an east coast thing. I think mostly a dodge thing as well since they seem to have trouble making them live at the bigger HP power levels with all the :nos: they use.

Since the trucks we drive are heavier, the mph is a bit lower than NHRA per NADM...... ( a functional parachute system is mandatory on any vehicle that exceeds 140mph )

I haven't studied the NADM rule book and I'm really just trying to help answer question when they aren't around. The info I gave you yesterday I did get from Ron. There may be other reasoning but, those I mention seemed pretty solid. I don't know what everyone is running out there as far as mph but, the speeds are very fast for 5000lbs. and all they have is your safety in mind.

Since pro street fields are typically small anyway, NADM has been nice enough to let the racers make a decision on how they'd like to race and with what. It's not a Dodge thing and it just may be that there's less Dodge trucks on the west coast that run pro street

Official Hotel for the race next week!
Make sure to ask for the Raceway discount!

Hampton Inn
(Your Race Headquarters Hotel)
Raceway Rate $59.00
Address 2055 S. Redwood Road
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
Phone (801) 886-0703

It's between the airport and racetrack - nice facility with breakfast.

Great rate for a nice room.

The prostreet race will be decided on by the drivers that show up to race. It will be the same as the last. If more want to run 1/4 mile thats what we will do. But since there was only 1 truck show up last time I dont see there being a big issue.

Official Hotel for the race next week!
Make sure to ask for the Raceway discount!

Hampton Inn
(Your Race Headquarters Hotel)
Raceway Rate $59.00
Address 2055 S. Redwood Road
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
Phone (801) 886-0703

It's between the airport and racetrack - nice facility with breakfast.

Great rate for a nice room.

You know if they allow dogs, I mean the 4 legged kind.

The prostreet race will be decided on by the drivers that show up to race. It will be the same as the last. If more want to run 1/4 mile thats what we will do. But since there was only 1 truck show up last time I dont see there being a big issue.

Lets do a head count.
1. Max'd Out
2. Dimitri
3. who else???

Back