Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Right, that's what I've found too...Auto has a clutch pedal, Ultra doesn't.

Might have to just go drive it. Might be nice for dad's old leg.
Chris

The biggest complaint I hear about them is that the clutch engagement can be wonky and can be a bit of an issue on slick starts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ultrashift... Iirc is a computer controled manual transmission usually with centrifuge clutch...
X/Y shifter usually goes out and it's PITA to "feather the clutch" and forget it, if you need to spin the tires to get moving for any reason.. that was a '12 model though..
Right before I got out of big trucks

v

The biggest complaint I hear about them is that the clutch engagement can be wonky and can be a bit of an issue on slick starts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My experience concures Whit what you've heard

I don't believe this one has a clutch pedal, so I'm assuming you can swap all those parts around and be good?

Chris

You have to buy pedal and linkage which will shock you what that junk costs. Plus buy the trans and eat the core and odds are the driveshaft won’t work. Just make sure the price is right to justify it.

Probably better off watching Ritchie Brothers online auctions and waiting on a steal. You can get a lot of steals on there. As long as it runs and drives you can't get hurt too badly sight unseen. Most trucks need brakes, tires, and piddly DOT chit at that point in their lives anyhow. $.02

The older ultrashift suuuuuucks for clutch engagement. Its not smooth at all a d you have to rev it to 900 or so for it to grab. At some point they copied a Volvo ishift where stepping on the throttle engages the clutch rather than revs the engine. They changed quite a bit.

Cause picture thread... #3of 3 stops off... Sweetwater TX... Thawing out
26841042_10213938602392744_3717959330992144310_o.jpg

The older ultrashift suuuuuucks for clutch engagement. Its not smooth at all a d you have to rev it to 900 or so for it to grab. At some point they copied a Volvo ishift where stepping on the throttle engages the clutch rather than revs the engine. They changed quite a bit.

The new ones are a little better but still idiotic. Heard from dealer one guy tried to ease back a few inches into a dock. When the clutch grabbed he slammed into it and broke the crank of a Paccar MX.

Probably better off watching Ritchie Brothers online auctions and waiting on a steal. You can get a lot of steals on there. As long as it runs and drives you can't get hurt too badly sight unseen. Most trucks need brakes, tires, and piddly DOT chit at that point in their lives anyhow. $.02

We'll definitely keep an eye out...Ritchie Bros is great for a buyer, but SUCKS to sell at. You can usually score there if you're patient.

The new ones are a little better but still idiotic. Heard from dealer one guy tried to ease back a few inches into a dock. When the clutch grabbed he slammed into it and broke the crank of a Paccar MX.

Tells me all I need to know...definitely not for Dad.

We're looking at a couple that apparently the dealers have put on auction now...so what the heck, we'll wait.

Chris

Here's the guts of a friend's "Kevin rutherford" 10 speed direct. Some skookum as frig stuff done to it. He runs Case hy-tran ultra oil in it which is on the low end of a 0w20 oil. Almost a 0w10. No oil cooler or pump. Has never ran above 110f even though he has belly air deflectors. Gets 11+ mpg with a 12.7 that put tons of power to the ground. I think over 2000 ft lbs too. This guy is the most extreme when it comes to mpg. He is targeting 13+ mpg.
19022090a7d61c91f53e142b7938f1ba.jpg
7420a5a5e834485f67e44c0065f559c0.jpg
180e8e955d1238f9d7f605beffbbb722.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

How much anti idle he doing?
I've seen people go as far as to shut Engine off at stop lights.... Several auto mfg ate doing that as well

MAN is crap and retarded american brokeback cowboys dont want to drive a Volvo because it doesnt look cool because it does not look like it was made in the 60s. Of course they are built in the USA and to North-American specs so it is possible that they really are crap.

Haha yea like those “Euro spec” C18’s you say are snapping cranks? We all know judging by your euro trucks that have a giant forehead you don’t care what it looks like.

Lowest tank he's had in the past year was 8.15 mpg and that was at 80k with bad conditions.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I got 7.3mpg empty drag racing home from FL.

Back