2.5 turbo rule

smokin

So, we here in Ky have finally came to the conclusion the class "workstock" is going to be history after the season end with Battle of the bluegrass pulling series.
We are looking for input and info on a succesful set of rules for the 2.5 class. Any and all input will be appreciated. Thanks Chris

The problem with limiting it to say a s300 or similar frame, is that you will have guys that don't care to spend $2500 on a custom s300 that will hold up to the abuse, when a box stock S465 can be had for $1000 and will last all season.

The problem with limiting it to say a s300 or similar frame, is that you will have guys that don't care to spend $2500 on a custom s300 that will hold up to the abuse, when a box stock S465 can be had for $1000 and will last all season.

Good point Josh. But what else will it allow to come in? I'm trying to figure out how to keep it from 2.6.

one easy way is say stock turbo only if its not what came on that year and kind of truck so if they have a s300 or some thing dosent it have a differnt cover on it? and also no twin cp3s or dule feed p-pumps

465 is not 2.5..

A box stock 463 yes...

The main thing about a s400 over a s300 is durablity...

The beauty of limiting to an s300 is not to many will want to continuously replace them so I'd say power and competition will be kept in check. Either that or limit the exducer of the compressor as well or else you'll end up with clipped billet s480s.

I say 64mm inducer limit and a 90mm exducer limit. Altho I agree on letting the S400's run for durability, just limit the exducer. Not sure on a s463 or 464, but I believe the exducer on the 465 is 101mm. I would also like to see non ported stock cylinder heads. I know its nothign that could be policed on a normal tech inspection, but under a protest it could be done. Gasser duys do it all the time, and it's not that hard to see if one has been ported or not.

Some classes even require stock camshafts, or certain cam grinds, but that is another protest situation. Not very hard to check lift and duration with the cam in the engine.

12mm auto gov, p-pumps, and single cp3's.

Probably still be a 6-700hp class, but would be a whole lot less expensive by cutting out the high $$$ components and modifications.

I just don't understand the need for this class? Good grief, the stock turbo trucks are already making crazy power. Trucks up north in 2.5 class are making north of 700rwhp. That's ridiculous for an entry-level class IMO. P-pump dodge will likely be much more competitive in this class than they are in the current stock turbo WS class. CR's have come a long way since we had the 2.5 class before.

No mwe grove at all. :D then use Fleece's turbo rules. Although it was one of their trucks making over well over 700 before TS. LOL. No telling what a 2.5 truck will make by next season.

And just a jab on behalf of Weston... How about any turbo you want sucking through a straight bore restrictor tube? :D

Its the same old song and dance. Why in the fck would someone limit fuel when you are limiting air?????? So you think a 13mm p pump is the same as the biggest baddest single cp3? Um, NO! My single cp3 won't push over 550hp to the wheels. Single cp3 rule is bull sheet!

I never have been very competitive but if a small frame turbo is kept in the rules will limit power. You can only do so much with a s300 and get it to live. I've ran them for years and have never broken one.

Check out the rules for ITPA and dctpa, there is also a set or rules in the indiana diesel shootout thread. I would keep the rules close to theres, if ky pullers or going to spend the money on 2.5 trucks theres no cents in not being able to compete with the rest of us. my $.02

Remember rules need to be easy to check, you won't get the exducers checked. How about a t4 turbine limit?
As far as folks getting tired of replacing turbos, that won't work. Guys will keep throwing money at them if they need to.

I would say that after next year 2.6 will be going the way of 2.8. A few trucks have really turned up the power, and are struggling with keeping the best of the best drivetrains together. Others will follow suit, get tired of the HP chase, and will either leave, or drop to the 2.5.

Last edited:
Its the same old song and dance. Why in the fck would someone limit fuel when you are limiting air?????? So you think a 13mm p pump is the same as the biggest baddest single cp3? Um, NO! My single cp3 won't push over 550hp to the wheels. Single cp3 rule is bull sheet!

Sounds like you need a new CP3, I know a single CP3 truck, and I think he was about 900 to the wheels. I will have to check.

s464 turbo, cast wheel, like bragg seaid 64mm inducer 90mm exducer NO MWE or map enchancement grovvers, smooth bore only! no bushed chargers either or race covers on larger charger.

Good feedback from everybody. I heard Indiana has a decent set of 2.5 rules. If anyone has the link let me know. If anyone is familiar with the old NKTPA rules, those were good also.

Back