2.5 turbo rule

Just thought about it, if you add enough fuel to make high egts with the turbo you can keep adding fuel and water to gain power/advantage over everyone else until they catch on to what your doing. correct? and i mean to a point with the water.

Just thought about it, if you add enough fuel to make high egts with the turbo you can keep adding fuel and water to gain power/advantage over everyone else until they catch on to what your doing. correct? and i mean to a point with the water.

You can keep adding fuel until the EGT's start to drop again as well.

You'll start putting out the fire and lose power, but your egts will lower. I don't think any injectables should be allowed. Water would be fine as a cooler itself but its gonna be mixed with something by somebody.

I understand that you would be puting the fire out if your pump will put that much out. and your right as a coolerwater would be helpful imo. but youve always got the people wanting to push the nickel with methonal or what ever else they throw in it!

As for policing the exducer, that would be under a protest. Basically any major disassebly of anything in any class (gas or diesel) would be under a protest. As an initial tech inspection, the turbo would be plugged with a 2.55 and visually inspected to be sure of no stepped covers or wheels. If the truck is protested, the driver and crew is required to remove the compressor cover. The inducer and exducer would then be checked with mics/calipers. If the protestee is found legal, he/she gets the protest money. If found illegal, the protester will get his/her protest fee back. Usually in a situation such as this, if the protestee knows they are illegal, they will just admit it and be found illegal before any wreches are turned. Plus those who know they are legal are more than happy to take some one elses money as a bonus lol.

I ain't got a dog in the hunt, but I'd sure hate to see any diesel class get anything like the gasser classes. Too much drama, hate, and cheating.

As for policing the exducer, that would be under a protest. Basically any major disassebly of anything in any class (gas or diesel) would be under a protest. As an initial tech inspection, the turbo would be plugged with a 2.55 and visually inspected to be sure of no stepped covers or wheels. If the truck is protested, the driver and crew is required to remove the compressor cover. The inducer and exducer would then be checked with mics/calipers. If the protestee is found legal, he/she gets the protest money. If found illegal, the protester will get his/her protest fee back. Usually in a situation such as this, if the protestee knows they are illegal, they will just admit it and be found illegal before any wreches are turned. Plus those who know they are legal are more than happy to take some one elses money as a bonus lol.

I ain't got a dog in the hunt, but I'd sure hate to see any diesel class get anything like the gasser classes. Too much drama, hate, and cheating.

Yea that is one thing I have seen in the diesel, it seems no one will protest.
Protests work for certain things like tearing down an engine etc. Make easy to check(just plug the inducer, check the MWE, make sure no clipping, possibly say it must be a t4). I would make for sure that the rules put some restrictions on where the MWE needs to be.

Yea that is one thing I have seen in the diesel, it seems no one will protest.
Protests work for certain things like tearing down an engine etc. Make easy to check(just plug the inducer, check the MWE, make sure no clipping, possibly say it must be a t4). I would make for sure that the rules put some restrictions on where the MWE needs to be.

I had 3 turbos saturday night protested. :ft: It was fun night.

I do not think water to air will be allowed in our 2.5 rule. Anyhow keep it coming gang some real good discussion going on here. Thanks a bunch

I had 3 turbos saturday night protested. :ft: It was fun night.

There you have it, it will get old on the techs and I can see it going away. I know some just want to put on the show and go the farthest. Majority of the folks in the stands don't know that they were DQ'd.

It is great to have a protest rule, I just don't see it being effective.

Don't use NKTPA's old rules Chris. At least not w/o re-wording something's because that was the beginning of stepped wheel turbos. :D

The class already exists, rules are already in place, and they will limit the power. The "entry level" comments are silly, we all know no one wants to be restricted to 500hp.

Personally I'd like to see a single 35" tire limit, but again that's just my opinion.

What doesn't make sense to me, you'll have guys complaining that the hp must be limited to less than 700hp for this class, yet they have dual 35" tires on the back of a 3/4 ton.

But of course this is sled pulling, and typically when the rules are being decided upon common sense is far from being used.

Last edited:
Back