Fuel pump

I run a vulcan big line kit from lift pump to filter head and filter head to i.p.. I believe they have them in 1/2. They are parker push lock too.

The reason depends on what pump you run. If it doesn't put out to much fuel then yea you can probably run regulator on return and have 50-60psi on the feed side. My pump in particular running at 60% power and regulator on return side backed all the way off (dumping as much as possible) runs 100-105psi on the feed side of the pump. Which doesn't cause a problem, it's been at that pressure for over 2 years now and is a daily driven truck. But at the same time doesn't need to be that high

Alright that makes sense for that setup lol. I had assumed you were around 50-60psi. Plan on using a return style regulator or just dead heading the feed from the pump to it? Jc

Alright that makes sense for that setup lol. I had assumed you were around 50-60psi. Plan on using a return style regulator or just dead heading the feed from the pump to it? Jc

If I get around to changing it I would like to get a special electronic regulator from fuelab that varies the voltage to the lift pump to where it only pumps as much as needed instead of running the pump full bore like normal and dumping what you don't need.

If I get around to changing it I would like to get a special electronic regulator from fuelab that varies the voltage to the lift pump to where it only pumps as much as needed instead of running the pump full bore like normal and dumping what you don't need.

Ahhh yes, a pwm controller. What I should be using with my holley or even a staged relay setup to not run both motors at the same time.

Excess fuel cools the pump. Returnless fuel system means poor cooling.

That's the main reason I like the idea of having the regulator on the feed side as close to the IP as possible. I have to assume the fuel between the pump and the regulator see the highest temps? I will run a dedicated line back to the tank for the factory return system off the IP.

Excess fuel cools the pump. Returnless fuel system means poor cooling.

It's not truly returnless. With the pwm regulator you can have it still push plenty of fuel to have a good amount of return flow it just knocks down the pump in cases like mine where I have way more fuel moving than I need. Normal regulator in the feed side would work just fine but I like the idea of varying the pump a little so it has a longer life

Does anyone have any info on the vulcan fuel system upgrade for a 12v? I see the big line kit from b the filter housing to ip but no description of the fuel system upgrade for a 12v what does it upgrade? All the lines?

Next question what size 3/8th orn1/2

Fittings and lines from the lift pump to the filter head, then the same from the filter head to injection pump. Mine is 1/2". They are push lock AN fittings. Nice kit.

X2 on the comp cam spring number.

Last edited:
Fittings and lines from the lift pump to the filter head, then the same from the filter head to injection pump. Mine is 1/2". They are push lock AN fittings. Nice kit.

X2 on the comp cam spring number.

Did you notice a difference? When you did it? I looked on vulcan website and they have 2 different kits one says 12v fuel system up grade and one is just the filter housing to the ip for 37$ the other one is 89. Would it help to increase the line size from the tank to the lp? To 1/2

Do you have a picture of it?

I can't give before and after because I install my fuel pressure gauge with the kit. Truck idles at 41 psi with 1/2 feed line stock lp, that kit and a tork tek 020. I've never seen it below 25 psi with my benched 215 pump at 70 psi with a s369. I will most likely be looking into a check valve and a lp spring upgrade next. I will snag a pic when I get a chance. It's 7° here.

Ok cool thank you I want to make sure I'm buying the correct line kit. I was looking into the tork tek I got confused between the 010-030 and then the difference between the high performance ofv rated 40-75hp non adjustable. What's the difference?

With a stiffer spring does that mean it will wear the cam lobe for the lp?

Back